Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Wanted

Questions RE: 64 Fairlane

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
OkieHog

Questions RE: 64 Fairlane

Need to know a couple of things as to parts availability.
How difficult--and/or expensive-- is it to find a floor shift steering column for a 64 Fairlane?
How hard and expensive is it to find clutch pedal assembly in an original auto car?
Does a person have to also find a standard shift tunnel, or is there a template available for making the proper hole in the tunnel?
How hard is it to find bucket seats and a console for a 64?

I may have found a good project 64 Fairlane, 2dr hardtop, but it is a bench seat with column shift, (naturally). I would be wanting to convert to four speed.
Would appreciate any help before I jump off on this project!!

Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:05 am 
John64

Steering column & turn signal switch housing are not too hard to find. 63 -64 will be the same. 65 & 66 fairlane will also work. You need to find fairlane or galaxie (or Mercury sister cars) pieces. Mustang pieces will not work.

Shifter tunnel are reproduced (in fiberglass) and can be found at most fairlane parts supplies. If you want an origianl steel tunnel. They are hard to find and expect to pay $$$ , especially if buying off ebay.

Original Toploaders come up once in awhile. Look for HEH-B (wide ratio) & HEH-E (close ratio). 64 & 65 fairlane use the only toploaders that are 25½ " in length, all other toploaders are either 24" or 27". BW T-10's come up on ebay often also. Or you can purchase completely new toploaders (including case and tailshaft) from David Kee Toploaders.

Pedal assemblies can be found (again try ebay) 3spd and 4spd are the same. The only different part will be the z-bar between V8 cars and 6cyl cars. also the frame mount for the z-bar is unique for fairlane. It is similar to the mustang frame mount, but the Fairlane mount ball stud sits higher and the bolt spacing where it mounts to the frame is narrower than the mustang mount. A Mustang frame mount can be made to work....

Bucket seat come up often also. buns a\nd seat upholstry are reproduced.

Consles can be found but mostly are incomplete. I think they are the same (or similar) as galaxie. The hard parts are finding all the chrome trim. Console & console parts can be pricey $$$$

check out http://fairlaneforums.easyphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=507&highlight=

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:56 am 
roger

seats

new bucket seats in red with NOS consol & plastic liner, consol & liner never used
$350.00
You can use a floor shifter rfrom a Mavererk Grabber, its a bolt in without changing the tunnel.
i have an extra one if you need it.

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:02 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: