Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:31 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

Maverick spindles/rotors on a '64

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
69supercj

Maverick spindles/rotors on a '64

Anyone out there done this swap? Are all years of mavs the same? Ive googled it and found several different opinions on this. Some say they are identical to granada/monarch spindles, other say no. Just trying to verify if this is a good route to go on my '64.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:46 am 
jmgford

They have to be from a '75-'77 Maverick. Discs were available on '74 Mavericks, but they were a unique design. They may still work on your Fairlane, but '74 Maverick discs are different from Granada ones.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SD44

so the 75-77 maverick discs are the same as granadas?

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:51 pm 
jmgford

Yes, I have a pair of them sitting in my garage that are going on my '70 Maverick. They are the same as the Granada ones on my '66 Fairlane. The ones on the Fairlane came from a newer Granada ('79 or '80), so they have plastic air intake shields that attach to the metal backing plates. The earlier Mavericks & Granadas have a metal air intake that is stamped in as part of the backing plate itself.

If I wasn't so lazy I would swap them between cars. The all-metal version would look more "correct" on the '66, than the plastic version.

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1320lane

There is a guy that goes by 'degins' on Stangnet that is making new Granada based spindles for '67-'70 Mustangs. I'm not sure what the differences are between these and the Granada spindles other than better metalurgy. He has had a sticky on the top of the Classics tech forum over there. He sells a kit that I beleive comes with the rotors and calipers and dust shields for about $450. You'll need to confirm that they will work with the Fairlanes. I'm guessing that part of the kit he sells won't work, but I'm sure he'd work with you to only sell you what you need.

Okay, so I don't get considered lazy, here's his sticky post from StangNet:

All members,
The forum moderator has been so kind as to grant me permission to offer StangNet members $100 off the normal cost of the CSRP SWAP.2 and SWAP.3 front disc brake kits. The special price will be $445 + S&H.

The kits are based on the tried and true Ford Granada design spindle and bracket. Unlike other available Granada kits, CSRP offers all new parts with correct suspension and steering geometry for both 65-66 (SWAP.3) and 67-73 cars (SWAP.2). No "Granada" related bumpsteer issues on 65-66.

The kit includes all of the parts necessary to do the swap including:

-A rebuilt master cylinder.
-An adjustable push rod (new added content worth $40).
-An adjustable proportioning valve.
-Hoses with fittings correct for the year applied.
-Original type hose to chassis L-bracket and hose clip (new content valued at $1Cool.
-New calipers with zinc/chromate corrosion protection.
-Semi-metallic pads.
-SLOTTED rotors.
-Bearings and seals.
-All the necessary wheel and caliper small parts.
-New high strength alloy disc brake brackets and large pin spindles.
-New splash shields, shield flanges and bolts.
-New outer tie rods correct for most applications including ones for manual 6 cylinder and manual and PS 8 cylinder (PS tie rod cost $80 at Mustang Plus).
-Access to our complete installation guide is included. The only thing not included are the short pieces of brake line necessary to adapt the system to the existing lines.

The kit is guaranteed against manufacturing defect for 12 months and free tech support is included via the internet.

The kit IS offered with 65-66 OR 67-73 specific spindles.

S&H runs $28-$75 depending on location. This price is for payment via money order or e-check. Credit card payment is offered for an added $15. TX sales tax applied to deliveries within Texas. I have inventory to cover all orders, and I will ship the Forum generated orders once per week.

If you wish to order, please write me at info@discbrakeswap.com and mention the StangNet offer. I will need to know your zipcode, the year and model of your application, if it has power steering, if you wish to receive a power or manual type master cylinder, and how you intend to make payment. The kit does not include a power brake booster.

Kits are also available for Falcon, Fairlane, some Torino, Maverick, and 50's Fords (with some mods).

Write me here or at info@discbrakeswap.com if you have questions.

Thanks,
Dennis

And here is his website: http://www.discbrakeswap.com

'63 Fairlane 2-dr post. Race car since at least '67. In the process of turning it into a proto-clone Nostalgia Super Stock car with FE power and three pedals.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:33 am 
1320lane

Dennis emailed me back:

Larry,
I do in fact have kits specially configured for 63+ Fairlanes. I've sold
several. I even have and include the special tie rod for power steering
cars. Thanks for the posting.
Dennis

'63 Fairlane 2-dr post. Race car since at least '67. In the process of turning it into a proto-clone Nostalgia Super Stock car with FE power and three pedals.

Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:23 am 
RoyL

Says above it's for '63+ I sent email and they say the kit will fit my 62 Fairlane. The kit from http://www.discbrakeswap.com/ is $545.
Anybody had experience with this kit from CLASSIC SERVICES RESTORATION PARTS?
Thanks. Roy

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:48 am 
johnc118

Fairlane cousin the Meteor

I am now working on my third 1963 Meteor same chassis in most parts as the Fairlane.

The Meteor has a bit of a different suspension "Anti-harsh Ride"....

I have never rebuilt the Anti Harsh units.

Now to the question are the Fairlane Spindles the same?

This is going to be my last Meteor and looking to put the Granada disk brake swaps in this one.

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:25 pm 
johnc118

Fairlane cousin the Meteor

I am now working on my third 1963 Meteor same chassis in most parts as the Fairlane.

The Meteor has a bit of a different suspension "Anti-harsh Ride"....

I have never rebuilt the Anti Harsh units.

Now to the question are the Fairlane Spindles the same?

This is going to be my last Meteor and looking to put the Granada disk brake swaps in this one.

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:26 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: