Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Members Cars

My 67 Fairlane 500

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SmokinJo

My 67 Fairlane 500

Well she was in just alittle worst shape then I thought but I think I can still fix her up, just hope it doesn't cost me more then $4000 at a body shop.

I found that both side of the end of the driprail where roofline starts has bubbling going on and I can polk a screwdriver through, Must be common.. I also found that I can see that back trunk from a 1/4 inch opening by the rear glass. The drivers side quarter is good except for about a 6 inch rust crack through the lip and hopefully body shop can fix this without needing a new quarter, Other side is worst though, guy has bondo in lower rear portion of quarter (around the lower lip area) and this is another hope that a good body guy can just make a small patch panel with a lip that he can just weld in so I don't have to spend a fortune on 1 quarter panel. On the other side of the passenger quarter just above the rocker panel is some small holes I made with a screw driver to test the metel because some more bubbles were found (another hope for patch panel). The drivers door is good, the passenger door has rust holes on the bottom inside of the door that if I took a screw driver I bet it would go through even though no bubbles are seen on the outside. Both fenders are nice except for someone cut off the tab that you would screw your small chrome molding between the hood molding and headlight bezel. ARG!! Wonder if that can be patched?

I will have to check inside the front panel by the windshield wipers to see if that is bad, I see lots of leaves..

The one thing I love about this car is it's got all the trim (upper and lower) and all in very good shape. Never seen a fairlane with upper and lower trim though, usually only lower and upper on the coupes. Hoods bent so I can hear the Crites 427 hood calling me! (thought about fenders to)

Was it still worth $1600 with 79,000 actual?

Anyways here is a few shots

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:13 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: