Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Wanted

Console and Bucket Seats for 67..

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SmokinJo

Console and Bucket Seats for 67..

67 Fairlane 500 in need of GT Clone stuff. I got outbid already on a console in ebay and can't afford to pay anymore then $250 with no shifter and still not made the reserve, this guy also has the shifter he's selling seperately. Why do people take advantage of others? Sell them together for gods sake, Put a buy it now price quite higher then what you wanted so some dumb idiot like me might think of buying them right there..lol

Part of me actually regrets buying this fairlane because parts are very hard to find like this and when they are forsale they ask WAY to much because they know it is hard to find. He also has bucket seats I really wanted to grab since I just bought new vinyl covers for buckets and the bench in back but he will not ship them, only pickup unless buyer arranges the shipping. Are they that hard to ship? I guess I wouldn't know.

I should have waited and bought a mopar or chevy. TONS of parts out there.. Crying or Very sad , I really wanted this fairlane because I love these 2 years of the fairlane, finding a rust free car in Minnesota is not easy at all, if there is you will pay an arm and maybe a leg to.

Sometimes you just want to Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:24 am 
jemmons

I have an affordable console.

It isn't perfect and will need a few repairs and will probably need a few parts. Can't help you on the bucket seats but if you are interested in this console I can send you pics. Drop me an email at joecephus64@netzero.com

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:03 am 
edwardejv

i know how ya feel Smokinjo sad to say but that alot of the reason mine is up for sale

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Rylic

Yeah, I think we all deal with the same things when first restoring or modding a Fairlane. I ended up paying $120 for a set of 74 mustang buckets, because even trashed Fairlane buckets are sold for more than that. And I found a console in pieces, missing a section, for $25 bucks, that I'm gonna try and put back together with some fiberglass, and hopefully be able to find the lid and shift plate without paying too much.

I guess this is why you see so many so-called "bubba" jobs, because people can't afford to do it any other way.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Fair 67

It could be worse you could be trying to do your front bench seat on your Fairlane 500. That is a fortune to do considering none are reproduced yet. Luckily I had a fair front bench from my car in High School that got wrecked many years ago. I would like a better one but cant afford to have them covered or find a better used one. Then you got the chrome trim issues, dash pad and the plastic grill insert that is not repoed either. I saw one of those on E Pay once and at 320.00 his reserve was not met yet.. unfortunately it only gets more expensive..I am currently doing a 67 GT and need a console also . You are correct in the amount of money they want for one it is incredible. I blame part of the prices on Barret Jackson (and others) who have drove the prices of these cars and parts through the roof. It really makes it hard for us average guys to have these cars anymore. Anyway all we can do is keep plugging along because when you finally get the car done it is well worth the effort.....

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:19 pm 
SmokinJo

Well I really wanted to resto the car at first but considering parts issues I might be forced to just put some different buckets in it and just not worry about the interior at that time and get the rest of the car done. Now did the GT's come with a 289 or were most of them 390's and some 427's. Pardon my dumbness but I have been a mopar guy for along time and really don't know much about the fords..lol

Still a great car even if it takes quite a few years to restore it. I hope to do a frame off someday but maybe a frame on would be best considering I am not a millionaire..lol

Look at it this way though, if it doesn't work out I car always part it out and make a million..lol Ouch no way would I do that, i'm not that kind of guy. Laughing

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:49 pm 
scotta66gt

66 Fairlane GT engines vs. 67

Howdy. In 66 all Fairlane GTs came with the 390 FE "Thunderbird V-8" only. In '67 the GTs came base with the 289 and your could go up from there with multiple options. The engine code space in the VIN for a 67 will tell you what it originally came with. Hope this helps, Scott

Post Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:56 am 
67 Blue Oval

Front Bench Seat Upholstery

Fair 67-
I just saw an add in Hemmings Motor news for 66-67 Fairlane 500 front split bench upholstery. The company is Pony Parts Plus; 1-800-242-2314. They have their website listed as www.ponypartsplus.com, however I could not find the upholstery listed on their online catalog. From their listing, it looks like the set includes the rear seat for $359. Probably worth a call to check it out. Hope this helps.

Post Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:45 pm 
SD44

Re: Console and Bucket Seats for 67..

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinJo:
I should have waited and bought a mopar or chevy. TONS of parts out there.. Crying or Very sad , I really wanted this fairlane because I love these 2 years of the fairlane, finding a rust free car in Minnesota is not easy at all, if there is you will pay an arm and maybe a leg to.

Sometimes you just want to Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

well if you have money problems you definitely don't want to get into restoring mopars, they're much harder to find and hold there values better. just look at barrett-jackson, the mopar muscle cars always bring the most consistently.

the problem is that fairlane lovers are just a niche area of collectors, the fairlane isn't as in demand mustangs (obviously). i've never understood how the mid 60's GTO's could have such a stong following and such high resale value when the 66/67 fairlanes favored them, lookwise, so much. and from the side view the fairlanes look alot like the late 60's mopar muscle cars like the roadrunners and chargers. i've said it a thousand times, i've never understood why fairlanes don't have more appeal. i guess with the fairlane name having such a "family car" image from the 50's and early 60's, people just couldn't get that our of their heads and look at it as a muscle car. Sad

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:00 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: