Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Member Projects

1967 Fairlane Shoulder Harness & Headrests Option

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
FordXL

1967 Fairlane Shoulder Harness & Headrests Option

I am faced with a dilemma and need some input from some of you seasoned Fairlane owners.
I've been restoring my 67 Fairlane for more than 30 years and see no end in sight. Several years ago I purchased a donor car and had the interior of that vehicle reupholstered. I removed my original seats and door panels and placed them in storage. I am considering selling off some parts to raise money for a new paint job and here lies my problem. In 1967 Ford offered for the first time Shoulder Harness's and Headrests for the Fairlane. These are listed in the Fairlane sales brochure on page 12 as a new option. The original bucket seats in my Fairlane 500 XL have the mounting brackets for the headrests and I have the original NOS pair of headrests for the car. I have been unable to find another Fairlane with the headrest option and have never seen one with the shoulder harness option. I am toying with the idea of selling the bucket seats and the headrests as a pair. Can anyone tell me what they may be worth? I respect your opinions and look forward to your answers.

Fordxl[/b]

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 pm 
roger

rare option parts

I was just at a Last of the year show in Ottawa ,ont., & there was a 64 F;lane there with , shoulder belt option, which I'd never seen before. He found all the parts, including the roof bolt thro that holds the over the shoulder harness, he told me that the shoulder belt option was always installed by the dealer. Wouldn't divulge what he paid for them, when I asked "were the parts more than 200 bucks he just said -Oh, yea!
Doesn't help much I know but like all rare option parts, It all depends on how bad someone wants them.

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:52 am 
blackgt

I had a real 427 car with the shoulder harness option have a few pics as well can email me if you wish cs_shk@hotmail.com

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm 
blackgt

shoulder harness

I had a real 427 car with the shoulder harness option have a few pics as well can email me if you wish cs_shk@hotmail.com

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 pm 
blackgt

shoulder harness

I had a real 427 car with the shoulder harness option have a few pics

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:59 pm 
FordXL

67 Fairlane Shoulder Harness & Headrests

Sorry for the delay in answering, I've been on the road. I would like to see the photos of your car. Fordxl67@gmail.com.

Thanks
Fordxl

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:29 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: