Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneTech

67 fairlane

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
imaout

67 fairlane

Hello
Here is the problem I have a 67 fairlane with a 289 engine and it did run but now it does not , I did not do any major repairs on it besides timing chain / oil pump and new seals and gaskets .
the #1 cylinder is t/d/c and the rotor is pointing to the #1 plug wire when its at t/d/c on the compression stroke has good spark and the carb is shooting fuel into the intake.
also the vacuum lines are all good bake booster / vacuum advance, I cant understand why it wont start I checked the compression its only around 85 to 90 pounds then I put a shot of oil in the cylinders and the compression jumps to 130 but I would think even with 80 or 90 pounds it should still fire .
could I be wrong about that or maybe someone knows something else I could try.
Thank You

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:46 pm 
GerryProctor

If it ran before you worked on it, then it's something you did. If the cam timing is correct, and the ignition timing is correct...and you're double-damn sure on both counts, then you may have the valves too tight. This assumes you removed rockers and such. It should fire, though with some hesitation, at 90 psi and it will be lazy, but it should run. I'd recheck your ignition timing or at least go through some WAG (wild-ass guess) advancing and retarding just to see if it makes any difference.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:13 pm 
imaout

hello
could the distrubter be bad

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:12 pm 
GerryProctor

Impossible to know that without running the diagnostics. Do you have spark at the plugs? If so, the functioning of the distributor is likely fine. Anything that affects the suck, squeeze, bang and blow will keep the engine from running.

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 am 
imaout

67 fairlane

hello
just want to say thanks for everybody response to my ? and would like to let everyone know that I got it running and it runs great .

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: