Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneTech

Problem with dash lights and wipers.. Need help :(

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
AKB

Problem with dash lights and wipers.. Need help :(

Last week I lost quite a few electrical items.. Gas gauge, green dash lights, turn signals, wipers, and the indicator light for the high beams. I figured it was just a fuse, since the car has only 5 of them to cover everything. The next day however, I noticed that the car was a little difficult to start. I made it home, but when I tried to start it again (after replacing what I thought was a bad fuse for the dash lights) the ignition switch literally fell apart on me. I figured that was the cause of all my problems, and I ordered a new ignition switch immediately. The switch came and I installed it right away. Well that solved the starting problem, and made the following items work again: Turn signals, high beam indicator, and the gas gauge. However, the green dash lights and the wipers still do not work. Anyone have an idea what the hell is going on here? The switch is wired up the same way as the old one, and obviously the fuse that I put in is good since some of the dash lights work. I am really confused, and don't know how to solve this problem. ANY help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Jon
p.s. It's a 66 Fairlane 2-door hardtop, if that helps any.

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:23 pm 
Scott66gta

gremlins..

There are fusible links, connectors, and a dash voltage regulator thay may be balled up... see this link for a schematic:

http://72.35.72.219/~library/10157/66%20Fairlane%20wiring.pdf

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
AKB

wow.. What a mess. I really suck with wiring diagrams. As far as fusible links and connectors are concerned, are there any shared by those two circuits? I just think it is odd that they both happened to go out at the same time. And as far as the voltage regulator is concerned, isn't that only for the dash lights?

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 am 
NO FAIR

Since multiple circuits are involved I would check to make sure you don't have a bad ground.
Dave

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:42 pm 
AKB

Yeah I guess that sounds like a good place to start. Man I hate electrical problems.

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:16 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: