Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:53 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneParts

Anyody interested in some billet parts

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
punkur67

Anyody interested in some billet parts

I had some custom buiiet parts made for my car and wanted to know if anybody was interested in ordering some? I already paid the expensive part of programing and own the codes to cut the parts now. I had 3 things made for the fairlane. All parts are billet aluminium.

First is a billet thermostat housing for a small block with a 1-1/2" outlet and no bypass outlet. I didnt need the bypass when I put my electric wp on.

Next is a coil bracket to hold the coil on the head. It is drilled out to bolt to the head and taped to bolt a coil bracket on. The bracket holds the ciol level to the motor instead of some goofy angle like many are mounted at.

The last thing was a bushing for the throttle to replace the crappy nylon one. The bushing will fit a throttle rod with a 1/2" hole. It is taped to accept a 1/4"-20 bolt or heim. I can make a complete throttle linkage package if you are interested. No more sloppy throttle linkage.

I need to know how much interest there is in these items before I place an order. The more I buy the cheaper I get them. Let me know if there is any interest.

Post Tue May 24, 2011 8:23 pm 
roger

billet

Nice stuff your making, i;d like a thermo housing, but need the bypass as most of us would, i think
coil bracket, wish i could use it but my KRC p.steering set up takes up those head bolt holes & i;d throw off the alignment if i put it there.
I;ve got the coil on the dr.side inner fender, makes for a long coil wire, & it looks out of place, not sure what to do with it.
I'm using a cable throttle set up off a 80;s or 90's Mustang, but, the angle out of the firewall to the intake mount, is pretty wonky, i can see the cable failing on me.
If you do make a complete, pedal to carb. set up, do let me know

Post Wed May 25, 2011 11:22 am 
punkur67

Re: billet

quote:
Originally posted by roger:
Nice stuff your making, i;d like a thermo housing, but need the bypass as most of us would, i think
coil bracket, wish i could use it but my KRC p.steering set up takes up those head bolt holes & i;d throw off the alignment if i put it there.
I;ve got the coil on the dr.side inner fender, makes for a long coil wire, & it looks out of place, not sure what to do with it.
I'm using a cable throttle set up off a 80;s or 90's Mustang, but, the angle out of the firewall to the intake mount, is pretty wonky, i can see the cable failing on me.
If you do make a complete, pedal to carb. set up, do let me know

The coil bracket coud fipl to the passenger side if it worked on that side. I can make you a throttle linkage if you are using the factory throttle pedal and bar. I have extra parts to make you one if interested

Post Wed May 25, 2011 9:17 pm 
roger

throttle, coil postions

Its been so long since i went to cable throttle linkage, i think its a late 80;s ealry 90's Mustang or T-bird pedal, cable, just a little bit of mod to the original on intake holder to position the cable & it works fine, but, with the canted 351C style valve covers, the angle the cable has to make, well, its almost a 90 bend. Are u saying i'd have to find a stock pedal?
jeez, i might still have one. I don;t have to keep the late model pedal, matter of fact, its way to close to my brake pedal, so i was about to bend,modify it anyway. For the coil, my pass. side head, the only bolt hole thats used is the outer most one, Moroso Alt, bracket bolts to that one, the inner head bolt hole, close to intake, just under intake it is available!!

Post Fri May 27, 2011 12:18 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: