Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
diegokid

I acquired a 302 and an AOD from a 1985 ford 150 that had been totaled the other day. It looks like a good 347 candidate, I really wanted the AOD for the 67 Fairlane. Engine and tranny had only 65000 miles on it so for the price of $100.00 I couldn't go wrong. Is there anyone that makes a kit for swapping out the C4 for the AOD or do I have to make most of the stuff myself.

Does anyone know whats involved with this swap?

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 pm 
Arky

google restomod and AOD trans. There are several companys.

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:56 am 
mygirls63

Transmission mount, crossmember and a new or cut down driveline with the proper yoke.

The proper tooth count flex plate that matches the balance of the crank you plan to use.

A new shifter. the column shifter may be able to be modified, not sure, but I doubt it.

It's that simple.

Have the block magnafluxed for cracks. The pre '87 stuff is thin on the gasket deck and prone to cracking from the water passages through the deck and down the cylinder. EVEN THE MEXICAN BLOCKS.

Get a Scat or Probe rotating assembly and have fun!

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 pm 
diegokid

I initially plan to run the AOD behind the 289 thats in the car now, runs like a top and is pretty good on gas. There is already a C4 in the car so why would the column need changing except for the extra notch for OD.

I won't be building the motor for quite some time. I also have a 289 from a 66 Fairlane and was told that the heads on that motor would be good for midifying due to the small chamber design. I was planning to buy some Alum heads for the 302 when I built it but am now wondering about the 289 heads.

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: