Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

What do you advise?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
First Car... My 67 500

What do you advise?

So i tried my hand in the stock martket and won a little bit of money, not a whole bunch, but enough to do something. I'm 20, still live at home, and have two cars: a 88 honda wiithout reverse and my fairlane. The honda is a great commuter and i have not had reverse for at least the last year, not that big of a deal to me. My question is what should i do? I do not know if i want to put a down payment on a house, maybe travel and see family, keep it invested, get a new car, maybe something else i haven't thought of. I'm pretty confident in the company, but you never know it can always lose value. I'm looking for outside advice. I'm in my 3rd year of school, paying as i go, do not know what i want to be in life. No debt. I work at a good company making sufficent wages. Suggestions, advice, anything would be helpful. I dont like to waste money and if my honda works fine, i don't see the point in replacing it. maybe a 408 stroker, i could USE that lol
Thanks, Jeremiah

What did you do that you feel was one of your most important experiences in life to experience? Maybe travel? Go on a road trip?

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 pm 
IceLane

Being in school I have to recommend a study abroad program if this option is available to you. I went to Aachen, Germany and it was a memorable, formative experience.

While this is the time to buy a house, I wouldn't recommend it while you're still in school. You never know where you're going to find the best job and that'd be a far cry from the complete lack of permanent financial roots you have now. Furthermore, I wouldn't be inclined to take on any debt to make a larger purchase (i.e. car). That's how I was raised and, with the exception of my mortgage, it's how I've lived.

Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:47 am 
First Car... My 67 500

I feel the same way about being in debt other than a house. Since my last post, my honda( without reverse) actually broke down on me. I think i just willl buy another 500 car. I am thinking about traveling early next summer, or taking an intership with disneyworld in flordia. The experience would be unforgettable either way i'm sure, but i'm not sure how i would do 6 months at the "happiest place on earth". I would love to study abroad however school right now is very difficult because i do not know what i want to be.I do not have a goal with school or any motivation to continue going. At the same time, it is difficult for me to drop what i know and what i am comfortable with and do something different and new, but at the same time i want the experience that i would have traveling. Living at home and in the same town i've grown up isn't for me at this point.

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:59 pm 
roger

where/what did u do?

So, what did you decide to do ,if anything?
Take a trip?
or buy a condo & rent the thing out?
Here at least, the condo market is hot, as always, accounts for 82% of sales in Toronto!!

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:56 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: