Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneTech

66 CometFairlane disk brake swap

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Jetmechco

66 CometFairlane disk brake swap

Hi Guys - Looking for some info - I picked up a Real nice 66 Comet Caliente ragtop for my wife - needless to say the 4 wheel power drum brakes are a bit weak in the stopping department . I plan is to swap in a extra complete front disc brake setup from a 70 Ranchero/Torino - I've done a bit of research and it appears the upper ball joints are the same - I will need to use outer tie rod ends for the 70 Torino/Ranchero which mates up with the Comet sleeves - I cannot locate any info on the lower joint - Any one know if the lower joint on the 66 Fairlane/Comet is the same as 68-71 Torino/Ranchero - I am also aware of the required extra plumbing needed. but it appears to be a easy fabrication - The only other area of concern is will the 70 booster/master with the bracket to raise the assy up will fit between the firewall and the shock tower, or will I have to ditch the power booster and just go with manual disc brakes - Anyone ever use this setup in a 66 Fairlane/Comet - Any comments would be helpful - I understand the Granada/Monarch setup works well for this application, but I do already have all the parts from the Ranchero/Torino setup - Thanks very much - Ed

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:38 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: