Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

Seat information

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
63 fairlane 500

Seat information

I have a 63 sports coupe that I bought last month and I am not sure the the seats are the correct ones. The back seats were very tight fitting even though the brackets line up with the holes for the back part of the back seat mount. The seats do have tags on them but I haven't found anything that will decode the in formation on them. One of the tags from the back seat has the followin information on it. The first line is C3OB-6563120-A and the second line is AMP 50. The pattern and color of the uphostery is not that of the 63 year that would have come in this car. I would like someone to provide some pictures of the 63 sports coupe and information on the tags if they could.

This car came with 4 speed, console, power steering, power brakes, AC, and back-up lights. The brakes were not working and I replaced everything in the system and went to the larger brake shoes in the brake system. Going through NAPA the cost even at a reduced price through my work was over $500 for parts alone and the new drums were composit made in China.

About the console does anyone have a hinge for the console lid?

I may delete the AC if anyone is interested in it.

Another question I have is about the steering shaft. This car has a rag joint on it. Does anyone know it some 63 Fairlanes came with the rag joint or if that may have been added later.

Another Question is on the rear end. The tag on it reads WCL-C1 on the first line and 3.25 3AB 803 on the second line. While I know this car should have come with the 3.25 gears in it I havent pulled the pumpkin to see if the gears are in fact 3.25. The one thing I did notice was that this housing has the larger axle bearing in it rather that the smaller ones that I though the early 8 inch rear ends came with.

Has anyone used the gas tanks on e-bay that sell for $345. and come with the sending unit, straps, and pads?

Does anyone have a source for a rebuild kit for the staock 4 speed shifter or the correct adapter for a hurst shifter on the 63 fairlane t10 transmission.

Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:04 am 
63 fairlane 500

Not one reply! I guess you guys don't know any more than I do about these Fairlanes.

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 pm 
steve

Sounds like your seats are indeed from a 63 . If the rearend still has the tag on it, it will most likely be the 3.25 gears. Some cars had the rag joint and some had the solid shaft boxes. Not sure why.The reproduction gas tanks are good. Not sure if that one is a good deal or not. Add up what comes with it from autokrafters or something and compare. Go here for transmission questions http://www.network54.com/Forum/260730/

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:07 pm 
bulletpruf

No need to pull the chunk to check gear ratio. Just mark the tire and driveshaft with a piece of chalk. Count the number of times the driveshaft turns for each turn of the tire. If the driveshaft turns 3.25 times for each turn of the tire, you've got a 3.25.

Scott

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:35 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: