Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Trying to locate my old Fairlane.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ccain

Trying to locate my old Fairlane.

Back in 1988 I bought a 64 Fairlane 500 4 door. The car was originally sold at Ott motors in Martinsburg WV. It was Wimbledon white with red interior, had a 260 with a Ford-o-matic. It came with some options like back-up lights and seat belts. it also had the old foot operated windshield washer set up. It came with the original stamped hubcaps but I changed them out for the correct wire wheel covers with spinners that were available in '64. The car was cherry.

I had the front seat re-upholstered and ran the car until the mid 90's when I sold it due to my wife being pregnant at the time.
A couple of distinguishing features I can think of are the fact that there was a dent on the left front fender where a firetruck had backed into the car. The previous owner filled the whole dent with bondo that began to crack when I had the car.The dent was right above the headlight trim on the very corner and looked to be about 2 1/2 inches deep. Also, when I was in college I had parked the car along the street and some idiot hit the rear bumper causing the fuel filler neck housing in the trunk to crack at the weld. And, the rear springs had sagged a bit. The dash pad had cracked and I removed it leaving the chrome trim. Boy that glue was terrible to get off! Very Happy

About 6 years after I sold it, I saw it once again on a car trailer for sale at one of the Carlisle swap meets in PA and I didn't have the cash to buy it back.

I wish I had the VIN number and I know it's a long shot but I would like to find out what ever happened to the car. I welcome any info you guys may have as to it's whereabouts.

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:52 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: