Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:16 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Just spent 5K on my newest mod

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Lawdog

Just spent 5K on my newest mod

Well I wish could say it was on a new crate motor or something like that but this mod was for the house. I purchased a 4 foot chain link fence all in all it is over all a good investment just one I wish I would not have had to make. I must say it is funny how your priorities change when you become a home owner. When I was renting, this money would have most likely been gone straight into the car but hey I guess sometimes you got to make the tough choices Smile

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:25 pm 
GerryProctor

You must not have kids. You're not allowed to have money under those conditions. I have a 428 on the garage floor. Estimate it will take about $5k to build it right. I also have a college tuition check to write for my son's summer courses (senior year, thank God) and two checks to write for fall tuition for my son's final semister and my daughter's first semister. I could build and have the 428 gold plated -and that's just the tuition.

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:48 am 
LiLMike

I'm single, no kids! I'm in charge of my own money! Now if Uncle Sam would leave me alone!!! Laughing

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
mlanden

quote:
Originally posted by LiLMike:
I'm single, no kids! I'm in charge of my own money! Now if Uncle Sam would leave me alone!!! Laughing

You Lucky Man...

I got "4" to put thru college yet, "1" currently in, and "1" with 2 bachelor degrees/1 associates degree. Add em' up... Confused

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:44 pm 
Lawdog

No kids and company had a good year last profit sharing this year was a thing of beauty we hit 27%. So its going into the house I I do get some $$ for the project I will be under going here soon

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:12 pm 
dave s

I changed the address numbers on the house in"77" and haven't seen the kids since! dave s

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:32 pm 
cereal69

I am now in the same condition. I was married a year and a half ago, now have twin boys on the way (due in July). It is funny how I look at the "extra" cash go into the house, bills, house, bills. I told my wife how I used to be able to dump a few bucks whenever I wanted into the car but now it is alot different. It is cool though because she, I quote, said, "You will not sell that car!!!" Not that I wanted to but was freaking out when she wanted babies. I guess it is alright by me because I know I have many years to come, working on the car with the boys. Rome was not built in a day... My ramble ends.
Later Guys. Wink
Custom Pin Striping By Von Hot Rod
Lots of Vintage Cal Custom Accessories

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:22 pm 
Fair 67

I got 2 girls and they both helped with the restore on the 67 , well 3 girls including the wife and she helped too. You will get too it just enjoy the kids..I am lucky enough to get a 67 Fairlane GT recently and now we get to start on another one...
Theres alot of stuff you can work on for little money and save high dollar stuff for later thats the strategy for our GT anyway.

Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:28 am 
roger

kids, cars, shops

Your priorities sure do change especially when the boys(4) decide they want to go to college & drive their own car to school.
i have the stroker motor under construction, a builder measuring out a free standing garage buried in the backyard & then 2 of the kids decide they do want to go to Humber college.
so, the motor will now be finshed at home, i;m back in my garage attached to the house & the other F'lane(63) will just have to sit another few years.
reality is, we could be living in a place where you duck everytime you hear a back fire!
if all i have to complain about is putting my hobby on the back burner, well, life is good!

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:35 am 
karkev

OOPS ! Double post Embarassed !
(daughter's car)

Mauser & Gew88 collector.

Last edited by karkev on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:33 pm 
karkev

Well, I'm 36, been a dad since I was 19, became a dad for the second time when I was 20 and love 'em to death but the wife and I are lookin' forward to having the house to ourselves for the first time since May of 1989 Very Happy !

We just bought our sixteen year old son (the oldest kid) his first vehicle so we're gettin' him mobile and givin' him a way to haul his stuff off when it comes time for him to move!

Kids are expensive but if ya train 'em to help ya work on cars ya can cut your expenses.

Yesterday my son and I changed the oil on his '81 Chebbie short bed, my '64 Fairlane and my '91 Toyota.

Later we put an electric fuel pump on the Fairlane, then a heater switch in his '81, then a stereo in the wife's Maxima and finally flushed the radiator on my Toyota.

All he charged me was a Code Red Mountain Dew and $10 worth of gas in his truck Cool !
(daughter's car)

Mauser & Gew88 collector.

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: