Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Modifications

mods

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
roger

mods

If i had to do it again i would:
1-Buy the Wildwood front disc brake kit instead of assembling all the parts to do the Granada disc brake swap, the time, parts added up to almost the same cost as just ordering the Wildwood kit which i hear is just the best!
2-Heads - I had a set of 66 289 heads which got highly modified by Tom Morana (Ford V-6 guru) but, by the time he ported, polished, opened em up, replaced with 1:90/1:64 valves, screw in studs, guide plates, milling I should have just ordered a new set of perf. irion heads or for a few bucks more, Aluminum Ford or edelbrock.
3 -this is a tough one. following a friends lead i installed a 8.8" rear out of a T-coupe, had to be shortened, disc brakes ofset was wrong & nor being a machinist had to send everything out.
i love the 8.8" with 3:73;s & trac -lok, but, if you can;t do the work yourself there is a lot to be said for Curries wealth of 8" parts from posi;s to disc brakes to make your stock 8" live with 300 hp.
And then there;s Curries Alumi-8"
my 2 cents.

Post Mon May 01, 2006 9:53 am 
Rylic

I'd have to agree on the heads. I did the same with a set of '65 289 heads, and when I got the final bill, I was thinking i could have just as easily bought some Edelbrock heads (or the whole power package, even, considering it's supposed to make about the same power as what I've done following this buildup).

Post Mon May 01, 2006 6:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: