Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

67 Fairlane brake pedal

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ford_george

67 Fairlane brake pedal

I have a 1967 GT Fairlane with factory power disc brakes and I want to take the power booster off and go strickly manual brakes. Is the brake pedal for a power disc brake different from a manual disc brake car? If it is, where would I get a correct brake pedal? What master cynlnder should I purchase?

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:37 pm 
airharley

brake parts

Looking at the master parts book 67-72 all model cars used the same master cylinder power or manual. The differenece is the pushrod used between the 2. Do you want the stock Part # for the kit? You will also need to use a manual master cylinder plate to mount the master to the fire wall. These can be made locally with 3/16th plate and countersunk holes for the master mounting holes. The factory used countersunk 1/4" shank flat head screws to hold the master to the plate then 4 bolts to hold the plate to the firewall which attached to the brake pedal support nutplates.

Now as far as the break pedal goes I don't see any physical difference at all. The Illustrated Break Down shows the auto and manual tramission car brake pedals as being offset or not offset for the clutch pedal. In the master part # cat it shows 3 pedal arms, 1. 66/67 man trans drum brakes C6OZ 2455-A, 2. 67 auto C6OZ 2455-B, and 3. 67 disc w/427 C7OZ 2455-E

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:36 am 
drube

quote:
I want to take the power booster off and go strickly manual brakes.

Are there any benefits to doing that? I'm wanting to add a power booster.

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:14 am 
airharley

If your making a race car it lightens the load by 20-25 lbs and clears up the engine compartment to pull valve covers or stuff bigger ones in there. Also depending on the cam you're running you may not have enough vacuum to actually do anything. That is why some cars come with a vacuum can to help store it when the need comes.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:52 pm 
Rod Hahn

If you are looking for just the rubber pad, go to
http://www.dearbornclassics.com/ . On year - change it to 1967, on model -change it to Fairlane/Torino and in the Keyword type in - brake pedal.
This would bring up a list of options W/pictures. Rod in Vegas.

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:16 pm 
ford_george

Re: brake parts

The Illustrated Break Down shows the auto and manual tramission car brake pedals as being offset or not offset for the clutch pedal. In the master part # cat it shows 3 pedal arms, 1. 66/67 man trans drum brakes C6OZ 2455-A, 2. 67 auto C6OZ 2455-B, and 3. 67 disc w/427 C7OZ 2455-E[/quote]

Mark,
I have installed a 427 in the car. I want to make sure that the pivot points or pivot distance between the pivot and the boss where the brake push rod goes is the same or not. I know on some cars equiped power brake the distance of the two pivots are different. Do you have any information on that?

Thanks, George

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:56 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: