Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Wanted

65 sports coupe gas tank

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dbratcher

65 sports coupe gas tank

I am in need of a replacement fuel tank for my sisters 65 sports coupe. I have not seen a replacement tank at any of the vendors so it it looks like a used tank is in my future. If anybody has a line on one email me.Thanks.

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:59 pm 
mygirls63

Gas Tank

How can you ship a used gas tank? Hazardous fumes from old gas! Anyone ever done this?

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:23 pm 
fair67cp

If you completely empty and seal it, there shouldn't be any problems I would think. Maybe I could ask my wife, she works with shipping and Hazmat.

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:10 am 
thescreenman

I just recived one from a member on this forum,he removed the sending unit and fuel filler tube ,put in a wraped heavy black garbage bag put that in a sears toolbox carton and ups it to me.No smell till after i took it out of the box.House did smell like varnish for a few days after.Good luck and make sure tank is pretty much rust free,inside and out.

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
edwardejv

will a 66 tank work? if so i got one no sender though let me know if you can use it

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
edwardejv

will a 66 tank work? if so i got one no sender though let me know if you can use it

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
67FlaneXL

Hello,
First post here, but I can help you out. I have a very good tank from a 65, I bought it from a guy on Woody's last year to replace the leaking tank in my 65. The car is now gone and I still have the tank. $100.00 plus shipping and its yours. I can send you some pics if you want.

Let me know,
Jim

Post Tue May 02, 2006 12:12 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: