Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Members Cars

Help! I need a side view of a 1963 Fairlane!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Glass_Packs

Help! I need a side view of a 1963 Fairlane!

Hi Everyone,

I've drawn my 1963 Ford Fairlane 2-door sedan on AutoCad and am 98% done. The 2% I still need to finish are the bumpers; the picture I used had no bumpers on at the time it was taken. At the moment I can't take any pictures since my Fairlane is all tucked away for winter. Does anyone have a side picture similiar to mine? Please post it here, or e-mail it to me at Glass_Packs(at)yahoo.ca - replace (at) with @.

Thanks!
Tom - Glass_Packs

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
dave s

63 Fairlane picture

Go to Woody's Fairlane site,there are a couple of pics under Fairlanes for sale

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:26 pm 
Glass_Packs

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. I ended up finding a nice picture of a red 1963 Ford Fairlane 2-door h/t on Photobucket. Amazingly, it was nearly an exact match to the angle of my Fairlane picture. Now the AutoCad Fairlane is 99% done... since no car project is ever done!

Thanks!
Tom - Glass_Packs

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
SD44

i have a 63 parts car listed in the ebay section of this site, it has side pics on the auction.

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:42 pm 
1320lane

Hey Glass_Packs, could I impose on you to send me a copy of your AutoCad drawing? I too have a '63 post car. Is it a 3d drawing or only a side view? I'd be interested in contributing measurements if it's a 3d drawing or if you can create one.

I too am a CAD tech, but I typically work in 2d only (mechanical/electrical/structural firm) and as 3d as I'll get is a flat isometric plumbing drawing.

I can put points in space, it's connecting them with a 'skin' that I have no idea how to do. The cool thing is, the only thing different is the quarter panels and trunk lid along with the trim on a '64.

My '63 is on a rotisserie right now, the front fenders are on, but not securely bolted in place. My car has never been wrecked as it has been a drag car most of it's life.

I've sold my bumpers and have never had a hood for the car. I've stretched the rear fenders, but can easily measure the amount I moved the front of the opening forward as I've never covered it up with mud.

'63 Fairlane 2-dr post. Race car since at least '67. In the process of turning it into a proto-clone Nostalgia Super Stock car with FE power and three pedals.

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: