Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Members Cars

Can it be Restored pt. 2

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
First Car... My 67 500

Can it be Restored pt. 2

So i decided to restore it, hows it look?

Just kidding,

I bought this 66 off craigslist about a month ago, and it was a good buy and the previous owner did a real good job restoring it. But now i have both my 66 and 67 in my front yard and my parents, i'm 18 by the way, are complaining that we look like standford and son. but i thought i would give whoevers reading a heads up on the situation. I haven't decided yet about what im going to do with the 67, I dont have a garage, so its outside under a cover, and i dont have the expertise or time to do any work on it. I would rather learn than give it to a body shop and pay. But I dont want to get rid of it because i still see the potential in it, but i think thats what i have to do under my circumstances. Especially if i stay in college for the next couple of years.

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:41 pm 
GT428

It's always a matter of time and storage...

The 67 could probably be fixed, but if you don't have the time or money to do it - or a place to dry store it in the mean time for that matter - you're probably better off just letting it go.

If it was me, I'd consider pulling off the torque thrust wheels to flip on the 66 whenever you get the urge, and part out the rest to put the money made to the 66 or something else. Who knows - maybe somebody here would have the time and money to buy it whole and take on the repair challenge...

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:21 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: