Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:15 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Members Cars

Another '66 Project

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YamahaDad

Another '66 Project

Here's mine. This is when I just drove it into the driveway. It already looks a little different now but I need to get it out of the garage to take some more pics. Plans are mild resto custom. I'm thinking toyota camry indigo blue or silver. Wheels and tires are already done ( not in the pic ). Lower the front to fit the wheels just right and then the back to level the entire thing. I just replaced the entire brakesystem with new parts. Discs are in the plans, maybe next year. So is powersteering. This winter, I think it's getting torn down and maybe even painted. Floors need to be replaced. Interior is pretty much gone lol.
Anyone know anything about these wheels? The centercaps say Fenton on 2 of them and the other 2 say e/t.

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:23 pm 
SD44

don't get dis-heartened, yours looks better than mine did at the beginning.

those wheels favor what came on alot of crown vics, grand marquis, t-birds, and cougars from the early-mid 80's.

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:08 am 
YamahaDad

I just love the two tone custom ducktape seat covers. I really wish I could save those Very Happy
I'm not getting dishearded at all. This one does look a lot better than some cars I've had before. I restored VW's for a long time, bout 13 of 'em, lol. Since them I've build a few bikes and the lastest was a 64 Chevy C10 longbox. I did have a '64 Buick Wildcat, but never did get to restore it, just turned it into a nice driver, mechanically at least. This one already looks a lot better just cleaning out the interior and tearing out all the ripped headliner. Seatcovers do the job for now until winter comes. Dual 40 series flowmasters, new shocks and brakes all the way around and front floor pans are done. New wheels and tires installed. Now I just have to work on the stance Smile

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:56 pm 
Ranch67

fixer up

man, you could save some serious time with just a blanket on the bench seat!
my ranchero didnt even have seats when i bought it. yours apparently runs too.
looks pretty straight, looks like a good project.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: