Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:07 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

i need a cingular phone

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edwardejv

i need a cingular phone

hey all like it says i need a phone my wife broke hers and she didnt have insurance on it now i got to buy a replacement i was told i can get a used phone and replace hers on our contract thank

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
leadfoot25

phone woes

You can usually get them to give you a free phone, just requires you to extend your contract, most used phones you find will have what they say is old software and are reluctant to turn on, I might have an old phone I had with singular laying around, if I find it in the next couple days you can have it, I have a nice flip phone I once used but it's a samsung and I used it with verizon, and I think the phones have software installed exclusive to the service you had. Rich

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:53 am 
Rylic

You can either get a Cingular phone or an unlocked phone and be able to use it. If I was to guess I'd say your wife's phone uses a SIM card, unless it's really old, and you'll have to make sure the phone you get uses them also. All you do is take the card out of the old one and put it in the new one, and you're ready to go.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
leadfoot25

too cool

A 23 year old with a 67 fairlane, I'm impressed, I hope more guys your age keep the drive alive !!!

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:36 pm 
Rylic

Thanks. I've been working on it for three years come this summer, but I didn't get much at all done the first year other than taking the old motor out and completely removing the interior and engine compartment parts. I've put a deadline of April 29th (my 24th birthday) to have the engine started. Almost there, just some wiring and plumbing to finish. And I need to either clean up the old manifolds to use temporarily, or go ahead and order a set of Hooker Super Comps.

As for the phone issue, now that I think about it, I still have my old phone, there isn't anything wrong with it that I'm aware of. It's a Sony Ericcson T616, and the only complaint I have is that it doesn't get the best reception since it has an internal antenna. But, it gets great battery life. Puts my motorola to shame when it comes to battery. Anyways, if you think you'd be able to use it, I'd sell it to you pretty cheap.

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
67fairlane500
Site Admin

Well i am 21...but don't have that much horsepower. Dang...but with 4.11s and T5 there is no hesitation. Very Happy

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:53 pm 
edwardejv

they tell me it has to be a cingular phone
i was 22 or 23 when i got my fairlane

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
67fairlane500
Site Admin

Well about the phone...

sometimes you can get a good deal on eBay. They really want you to buy a phone with their logo on it...free advertising. What you can do is find an unlocked phone that works on the GSM network. That is the type of network Cingular and Tmobile use. It usually says in the eBay auctions if they are unlocked or not.

Not sure about your location but have you checked out www.craigslist.org? Sometimes a deal can be found there too.

I got mine as a birthday present. It was my dad's mom's car and I took it over when i was 17. I would think that younger the better for getting into old cars because it definitely kept me out of trouble. That and my music. Although, it really never is too late to start a hobby. Sorry...a bit off-topic, but hey that is what this forum is for.

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:49 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: