Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:57 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

O'Reilly's parts monkeys strike again!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
karkev

O'Reilly's parts monkeys strike again!

Called O'Reilly's to see about getting a Pertronix Ignitor for my '68 Dodge truck's 383.

They said they could get it for $72 but I had to prepay. Kewl! I drove twenty miles to their store and paid 'em for it. I got my receipt and asked, "How long until it comes in?". Response: "Dude! Don't worry! We'll call ya when it comes in!" Kewl!

Three days later I'm back in that same town near their store and almost go check on the part but think, "Naw! They said they would call when it came in!" and drove home.

Got home and something told me to call. Sure enough it was there. I told the clerk, "I though you guys were gonna call me when it came in...?" Dead silence.

I fired up the Fairlane and drove twenty miles back to the store to get the part. The teenie clerk handed me the part and said, "That'll be $53". That nearly set me off but I stayed calm and said, "I already paid ya - here's my receipt."

The clerk then handed me an invoice that showed where O'Reilly's had purchased the part from the jobber for $53 before they jacked up the price $19 and sold it to me.

I explained this to him and had it confirmed by an assistant manager who seemed embarrassed by a perfectly acceptable act of capitalism......sigh.

Rolling Eyes
(daughter's car)

Mauser & Gew88 collector.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:06 pm 
johnc118

Yep parts monkies

I walked in with a coupon for Thrush Mufflers, plainly says this muffler is $29.95 limit one per coupon and one per trip.

The muffler arrives and parts monkey says that under their cost and cannot sell it for that.

I point out this is an O Reilly Coupon!!!

They claim we never issue coupons.

I say damn right, here it is and I got it at the Car show Saturday in Springfield MO. O Reilly was a large sponsor.

Parts monkey says "we Dont sponser car shows."

Me I said I bought the tickets here.

Him "we dont sell tickets."

So I walk over to the window and remove the poster ask how do you want this with mustard of Miricale whip?

Well I still did not get the muffler for the $29.95 so I wrote the Company an email. about what went on. I guess this Am parts monkey was fired according to the others. The district manager came down and handled the situation.

Still did not get the $10.00 back but will on the next muffler.

I ain't holding my breath.

Then they wonder why I shop Autozone and Modern Parts.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:09 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: