Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

suspension/steering upgrades or clips for a 64?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
codycr6

suspension/steering upgrades or clips for a 64?

I want to do some serious suspension and steering upgrades for my 64 Fairlane. I just returned from Power Tour, and taking that long of a trip on the various road surfaces and conditions really drove home that my car needs some help. We autocrossed a friends 1962 Falcon that is updated with an S10 clip, four link rear, and AirRide suspension all the way around, and it was very impressive. I either want to clip the front end with a completely different setup, or change the steering up and do some really good upgrades to the current suspension. I will probably do some basic rear upgrades(shocks and springs, maybe change from my override traction bars to something else) to get me through the next two years until my wife gets out of school, and maybe just new shocks/sway bar up front. Then I am seriously thinking of a clip up front, four link rear with mini tubs, and air suspension. Any steering/suspension suggestions for now and for the long haul?

Here are a few pics from Power Tour:

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:07 pm 
compact

mate love your coupe...an di love the falcon wagon too. Try this site for all your front end stuff......expensive ..YES....but extremly good from all the people that have told me

http://www.rrs-online.com/

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:18 am 
dave s

Suspension!

Don't want to put you down, did the tour twice, the fun was putting up with that Cranky old Bast--d, between the suspension and the cooling we fought every foot of the way, I'd do it again,because that's what 64 Fairlanes are!.Happiness was crawling over and under every night at the motel.The only mods I have done is 67 Mustang discs, which everyone tells me are not that good.They work for me.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:45 pm 
codycr6

upgrades

I have many upgrades, including four wheel disks with Aerospace on the front, a Tremec 5-speed, and a heavily built engine. I don't expect it to drive like a new car, but the face that the caster will not come into spec so it pulls to the left at all times, there is slack in the steering box, I have slack in the drag link(which cannot be fixed/rebuilt) and just generally need upgrades. We ran the Falcon on the road course and it was running competitive times with new Corvettes. I don't expect this, but it would be nice to not feel like the car is going to fall over on it's door!

Cody

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:42 pm 
steve

Hey Cody I met your buddy with the Falcon wagon today at a show in London Ontario. Nice guy and a neat car. As soon as it rolled in I recognized it from your power tour pictures!

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:21 pm 
codycr6

Falcon

Yeah, his name is Mike Roi and he manages a Firestone in London, Ontario. The Falcon has an S10 front clip with a full frame and four link with AirRide all the way around. His car is one of the reasons I am so interested in seriously upgrading my front end!

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:02 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: