Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

bullitt wheels

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mao66

bullitt wheels

I asked this question on FM and nobody has an answer. I was wondering if a set of bullitt wheels from an '03 mustang will fit my '66 hardtop. I seen the spacers that National Parts Depot sells in a MUstang Monthly. The article says the will fit a '67 and up mustang without clearence problems on the fender wells, just as long as the stock ride height is kept. I figured the '66 fairlane and '67 mustang are close to the same in well dimensions. I can get the rims and goodyear tires for $500. Also I had seen a red '66 hardtop in mustang and fords website with the bullitt wheels so I 'm pretty sure it can be done so any hlp will be greatly apprcieted, Thanks alot.

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:09 pm 
purf_man

I have them on the back of my 62 with no spacers (could use 1/2" though) and my car is dropped about 4"

up front they need a 1" or so spacer to clear the upper balljoint/control arm. this pushes them out farther than my 62 can hadle (being dropped so low and the tires being taller than stock they push out the fenders before you even turn the wheel.

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:43 pm 
mao66

Thanks for the response. The '66 is bigger than the '62 so I think they will clear the suspension I was wondering if they will get torn up on the fender lips. I just got to try it out and find out.

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:50 pm 
purf_man

for me they rubbed on the inside of the tub (IE the trunk side) they have more backspcaing than a normal RWD wheel should have so thye are slide in farther. this is nice since you can space them back out easier.

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm 
mao66

Thats what I was thinking about. This past weekend there was a swap meet this past weekend and there was this vendor that had spacers for $40 a piece. I am not sure if the bolt spacing is different since all cars are now metric or does it make a difference. Thnaks for the info.

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:10 pm 
purf_man

ford still uses 1/2"-20 lug studs on the newer cars (unlike GM)

get newer lugs if you havn't...I tried to use my old ones off the steel wheels and they would try and cut into the wheel (larger flats and they weren't fully machined from ford) I am gonna try and get the wheels back on the car this week if the rain can hold off a little and try and get some pics up.

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:22 pm 
murfman66

Mustang bullitt wheels

I have been looking at these Mustang bullitt wheels also, for my 66 Fairlane GT. Did you get them installed yet? I'd like to know how it all worked out.
Thanks,
Murfman66

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:01 pm 
mao66

I haven't installed them yet. They are still sitting in the corner of garage. I waiting for the next swap meet to come to town so I can find some of the spacers of the right width to install. I'll save a little money plus the car is nowhere near reay for the road. I'll keep ya posted on end results, if it don't come out right I might have some bullit wheels for sale! LOL

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:22 pm 
murfman66

Bullitt Wheel spacing for Fairlane

There are some posts on Mustang Steve's forum detailing where he sent the two front wheels and had them narrowed 1". After doing so, no spacers are needed and it keeps the tire away from the lip of the fender well. He's in Carrollton, TX not to far from you, I think. His 65 Mustang is in the June issue of Mustang Monthly (page 50). It really looks like these wheels were made for it. Check it out. I think I will probably follow his lead, on my Fairlane. I'd rather not use spacers at all. I may consider narrowing all 4 to 7" wide and using the same tire at all 4 corners. I have manual steering so easier turning is a factor for me.
Murfman66

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:16 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: