Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Modifications

66 INSTRUMENT PANEL
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
66FORTHEKIDS

66 INSTRUMENT PANEL

HELLO EVERYONE, LONG TIME VIEWER AND NOW A MEMBER. JUST PURCHASED A 66 2 DOOR SEDAN/POST. 9 INCH WITH 3.50 POSI, 351 W WITH HYDRAULIC T-5 TRANNY. CALIFORNIA CAR, BLACK PLATES, STRAIGHT BODY WITH NO RUST. IT NEEDS INTERIOR. THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER HAS BEEN REMOVED AND I WAS THINKING ABOUT A CUSTOM PANEL AND GAUGES. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AFTERMARKET INSTRUMENT PANELS FOR THE FAIRLANES? I'M ALSO IN NEED OF BUCKET SEAT OPTIONS. ANY ADVISE OR IDEAS WOULD BE WELCOMED. THANKS.

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:29 pm 
roger

seats,gauges

Measure a set of Turbo-coupe buckets ,if you can find one.
they have all the movement, back, up, lumbar.
the ones i had were ful power, if you want that.
they were a little to big for a 62-63 but, your interior is larger than the early F'lanes, i think
i settled on a set of Acura R buckets that are fully adj.but manually & are really comfortable.
In my case they bolted into the exsisting seat bolt holes.
$60.00 at local import yard.
For gauges/panel have a look at Teltek USA.
They make the coolest digital gauges, before you flip out about digital gauges, check them out.
they connect with telephone type plugs which are actually from the aerospace industry.
The tach, speedo (either mech or you get a sensor for electric that screws on the end of your speedo cable) are fully programmable for gear,tire size changes by the push of a button.
the temp gauge also will control your electric fan, hi-temp warning, all adjustabe from tiny buttons on gauge face.
even the fuel gauge is calibrated by a switch through a tiny hole with a paper clip.
Wiring them all up is to simple.
With different faces they look at home in a 32 Ford or a 2006 Vette

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:24 pm 
66FORTHEKIDS

THANKS ROGER,

I FOUND A SET OF SEATS OUT OF A 89 COUGAR--PERFECT WIDTH AND HEIGHT FOR THE CAR. I REMOVED THE HEADREST AND THEY ALMOST LOOK LIKE THE STOCK BUCKETS. AND THE BEST PART--THEY WERE FREE. ALMOST A DIRECT BOLT IN--THE RAILS WERE A LITTLE NARROWER THAN ORIGINAL BOLT HOLE LOCATION. I HAD TO INSTALL A 1 1/2 "SPACER ON THE LOW SIDE OF EACH SEAT TO GET THE CORRECT FIT BUT IT WAS NOT A BIG DEAL. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ON MY GAUGE DECISION.

JEFF

Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:14 pm 
steve

Hey I think you need to turn off your capital lock. Way too hard to read and it is usually implying that you are yelling. Thanks!

Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:15 pm 
66FORTHEKIDS

SORRY! My career choice mandates capital letters. Just a habit. But thanks for the reply concerning Fairlane info.

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:44 pm 
VoodooGTA

Drop an e-mail to Julian at JME Enterprises www.jmeenterprises.com he has the cluster out of my '67 working on an aluminum 6 gauge panel replacement. I have no idea what the cost is going to be or even what it'll look like when he's done with it but maybe if he gets enough intrest in it he'll make it a production item.

Dan

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:02 am 
66FORTHEKIDS

Hey Dan,

I spoke with Julian and he told me that he had no immediate plans to build a panel for the Fairlane. I told him about your post and guided him through this site and then he said it would be about a year before it is finished. Sounds like he is really busy. I think I found a local shop to do it for me. I'll let you know how it turns out.

JEFF

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:38 pm 
roger

Doing roughly the same as you but, with a 63- 3 gauge cluster
Using original surround with S/W gauges, the 3.5" Tach, speedo & temp/volt in 3rd cluster with orig. fuel send in stock location.
just had to find a guy to fab. a aluminum face plate to replace stock face.
Waiting, waiting for him to get to it too!

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:19 pm 
66FORTHEKIDS

Gauge Panel

Hey everyone,

I found a shop that is making a panel for my gauges. they are using anodized aluuminum and the stock bezel. I should have it back real soon and I will add some pics. Just trying to keey you updated. I'll let everyone know about price as well.

Jeff

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:42 pm 
roger

Please do let us know
I;ve about given up on this shop, i think its just to small of a project for them to bother with me.
I need a guy to build me a housing to mount in my 3 gauge cluster, rahter than try & hack up the stock extra one i have, which i don;t think will work

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:45 pm 
66FORTHEKIDS

Completed Dash Panel

Hello everyone,

I finally got my dash panel completed. I used the Autometer Phantom II gauges with the stock bezel. I think it looks really great. Here are some pics of before and after. The steering column is out of the car and the new panel is just mounted in there. Let me know what you guys think. My brother in-law did the custom work. He owns a shop in southern California where he makes custom bumpers for older Broncos' and Jeep's, ---www.crossenterprises.com

Jeff

check the pics here:http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x227/HOLTSTER_bucket/

Post Wed May 09, 2007 2:27 pm 
66FORTHEKIDS

Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on the gauges and panel.

Jeff

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:09 pm 
SmokinJo

WOW.. That is really cool and stylish. I wouldn't mind getting something like this myself but I am still undecided at what I will do with my car and how much I actually want to put into it.

Do you happen to know about what this cost not including gauges?

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:50 pm 
66FORTHEKIDS

No idea on the cost. My brother in-law did it as a Christmas gift. When he was creating the panel I told him some other people might be interested. I know that he made a template for the panel and everything is a direct screw in replacement. Give him a call if you are interested. 1-805-499-8169--His name is Mike.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:12 pm 
SmokinJo

If you don't mind I would like to post this on the fairlane club of america's forum that I belong to because there are alot of members and some of them might be interested in this.

Joe

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:19 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: