Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

What safety upgrades have you done to your Fairlane?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
la8ron

I dont think there is any anchorage points in the roof of the fairlane, for the safety of those sitting in the rear seat I wouldnt have them anchored in the roof, also they look funny ( locally built chryslers had them in the vf valiant, doesnt look right ).The intergrated seatbelts would be the way to go, if you can find something that fits.

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:06 am 
mao66

I bought a pair of 3 point belts off ebayfor the fronts. There is a rectangular hole on the on the under side of roof right above were the windlace goes, I cut some 1/4 inch flat stock a half inch or longer than the hole and drilled and tapped for 7/16-20 grade 8 bolts, then I weled the plate in. Seems pretty stout. I also bought some rear seat belts from a Focus that are 3 point. Having hard time trying to find 7/16 fine thread eye bolts to use in back. The rear cushions are pretty thick so the catch's for the belts are sunk down, Thinking about using heavy duty eyebolts, quick links to rig up something so those catch's won't be so far down, I'll keep ya'll posted maybe with some pictures.

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:51 pm 
mao66

I bought a pair of 3 point belts off ebayfor the fronts. There is a rectangular hole on the on the under side of roof right above were the windlace goes, I cut some 1/4 inch flat stock a half inch or longer than the hole and drilled and tapped for 7/16-20 grade 8 bolts, then I weled the plate in. Seems pretty stout. I also bought some rear seat belts from a Focus that are 3 point. Having hard time trying to find 7/16 fine thread eye bolts to use in back. The rear cushions are pretty thick so the catch's for the belts are sunk down, Thinking about using heavy duty eyebolts, quick links to rig up something so those catch's won't be so far down, I'll keep ya'll posted maybe with some pictures.

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:51 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: