Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

my brain-dead moment

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SD44

my brain-dead moment

we've all had them, when we weren't paying attention or we had 1500 other things going thru our mind, and we do something that is obviously wrong or incorrect.

i'm getting a pickup ready to paint and was about to spread some glaze putty over a bondo'd area yesterday. i'd been working on the truck all day and had gotten into kind of a "spaced-out" mode, thinking about the bills, the kids, a leaky hydrant we have, etc. well the putty i use is red, so i grab this tube from my supplies, get a spreader, and start spreading this stuff over the repair. i start noticing that the putty seems awfully thin and alittle watery, so i assume it's probably old. i keep putting it on until i've covered the whole area. after i get thru i kind of snap back into reality, and i look down at the tube and see that i've spread BONDO HARDENER over my repair. i just sat back and laughed at myself, then got a rag and wiped it off. Cool

what's a funny or interesting brain-dead moment you've had?

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:27 pm 
steve

I've got a good one. One rainy day I was hooking up my utility trailer. When the lights didn't work, I checked the plug at the rear of the truck. It was of course all corroded and green. I rushed into the garage and grabbed a can of what I thought was contact cleaner. I started spraying the plug and realized that it was getting very sticky. Looking at the can closer, I see that it was not contact cleaner but contact cement in a spray can. Oops. I just had to laugh and wipe it off. Finally found the cleaner, and got the lights working.

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:51 pm 
compact

i just drove 450 kms on thursday to adelaide a city of a million with a car trailer on the back

the car i was towing with i had never used before to tow so i went to the hiring place and checked that everythin worked early(it did) i then said id pick it up at 5pm as planned( i was leaving at 5am cos its a five hour driveon our roads)

anyway i went all the way to adelaide, and 3/4 of the way to our destination and then this guy pulls up at the lights along side uis and says "hey mate, your lights arent workin on the trailer". so we pull over at first opportunity to find that not only was it not plugged in...but the plug was just balancing on the top of the drawbar

just amazing.... Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:43 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: