Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:43 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Wanted

Needed, Lower body trim for 67 "500"

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SmokinJo

Needed, Lower body trim for 67 "500"

These things are very hard to find I see, I have mine but a few pieces are bad. Also, is the chrome trim around the headlights the same in 66? The guy put 66 trim and grill on mine but I bought another 67 grill.

Bought my car off of ebay 2 weeks ago for $1650 with 79,000 original miles and no rust in Florida... WOW!! Finding something like that here in Minnesota would cost you an arm and a leg. I would like to keep it original but not sure I like the sunrise yellow paint. would it hurt to paint it another original color? would it hurt the retail on it? I doubt I would sell it for along time though. I also thought about putting on the 67 hood bullets he gave me and also buying a set of magnum 500 rims.

Any help you guys can give me on doing a decent restoration on this car would be great. Like to do frame off but I think that would be way to costly for me. I would like to do as much as possible myself. I use to have (2) 340 dusters about 15 years ago. I'm mainly a mopar guy but I absolutely love the 66-67 fairlanes.

Joe

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:20 pm 
SD44

the headlight bezels are not the same nor interchangable on the 66 and 67. you'd have to get a 67 grille for the 67 bezels to work.

i kinda like the late 60's mopar cars myself, especially the roadrunners and chargers. there's an older lady about 7 miles from me that has a complete 69 superbee 383, 4 speed, bucket seat car in the side of her yard wasting away under some trees. i stopped and asked about it one day and she said it belonged to her brother in chicago and he has never came and got it, but it's sat there for about 10 years. rumor around town is that he's actually in prison. i told her she'd be better off having it out in the open in the sun than letting it sit under those cedar and pine trees. she says people stop by all the time worrying her about the car.

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:48 pm 
SmokinJo

That's pathetic to here Crying or Very sad

I hate muscle cars no matter what brand just wasting away in someones yard. Even more oh he/she won't sell because they are going to restore it yet 10 years down the road it is still not touched.

I am happy though I have my muscle car again and WILL have it done within 2 years.

Ok well off to ebay..lol, doubt any aftermarket sellers make this stuff yet which is a darn sham since these cars are getting more popular.

Anyone have any bucket seats..lol, I have new front and rear covers but no bucket seats yet to use it on..lol

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:49 pm 
Rylic

Seems like things are reproduced for all of the 67 models except the 500. You can't get interior door panels, grille emblems, side trim, seat upholstry (for the bench), etc. Not sure what the deal is.

As for your grille/headlight trim. if you bought a 67 grille, you'll have to find a set of 67 headlight trim. Another of the hard as heck items to find. They reproduce the 66 headlight doors, which I guess leads a lot of people to convert the 67 grille/headlight doors to 66 style. Good luck finding a good set of 67 doors on ebay for a decent price. Same thing with the side trim. I got a decent price on a set, but it's only the passenger side, and what I really need is the driver's side door piece, and I think another piece on the driver's side, but haven't had any luck finding them for cheap.

A couple of the members here recondition trim/headlight doors, and sell reconditioned pieces, so that might be your best bet.

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
edwardejv

there is a 14 peice set of side trim listed on ebay

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Rylic

Mind giving us a link to that auction? I'm having no luck finding it.

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
edwardejv

it must have sold i cant find it eather i dont know if it had a buy it now price or not

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
steve

I have the part for the right side that has "FAIRLANE" on it. It is in super shape with a minor blemish. It shines like new and the black trim looks great. I can send a picture if you are interested. I can let you have it for $50 shipped to Minn. Let me know.

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:05 pm 
SmokinJo

Actually thanks alot guys but I decided to go the GT Clone way, I already bought the GT Stripe for it and since I already have the hood scoops I don't need to much more for it that I can't buy in a fairlane parts catalog.

I have an inside track on the bucket seats and console already PLUS there are like 4 consoles on EBAY right now forsale.. WOW..lol

I might decide to buy a paint chip thingy I see on ebay so I can decide what color to paint it, I am a sucker for Blue and Red but I have seen a green one and looked nice although I am not sure they made that color Hense why I need a paint chip thingy.

Now off to ebay or somewhere's else to find myself a set of stock GT rims, ouch another hard to find part!!

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:34 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: