Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:28 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Members Cars

My free '64 500 4-door

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
5.0willgo

My free '64 500 4-door

This car was given to me by a friend of my family in the spring of 2005. Here's a short history on it.
It was bought used in 1967 by her grandparents. Her dad then took the car and used it and it was passed down to his daughters. Our friend got the car and after she was done using it, stored it in her garage until 2005 when she needed to get rid of it because of lack of space.

The seats were redone sometime in the 80's so they're not accurate for the car but they're okay. The only unfortunate thing is that since this car was stored in the country, mice decided to invade. The seats will have to be redone and the headliner will need to be replaced. No biggie though. The carpet was put on the dash by her father, for what reason, I don't know.

Under the hood looks pretty rough however all of the wiring is intact and in great shape. The car does run thanks to it being properly stored.

I have many ideas rolling around in my head as to what I want to do to this Fairlane but I'm always open to suggestions. Smile

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
LiLMike

A lot of people way back when I was thinner, younger and had hair put carpet on the dash to save the dash from the suns rays and to prevent cracking and fading. Just thought you may want to know.

Mike

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SD44

i'm a 66/67 guy, but out of the generation 1 bodystyle the 64 was my favorite. my dad has a 64 stationwagon in his salvage yard that's a whole car, i've debated on pulling her out and fixing her. i love the side chrome on that year.

Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:41 pm 
5.0willgo

The '64 is my favorite of them too. I would have loved for it to have been a wagon. I really like them for some reason. Too bad it's not a two door, but hey it was free.

Thanks for the input Mike. I spoke with the woman who I got the car from and she said the carpet was put on because the pad was cracked. I'll be pulling it off to have a look. Its really old and nasty too so it will definitely be coming off.

quote:
when I was thinner, younger and had hair

Ha, the things I have to look forward to. I'm 21 so I guess I'm about the youngest guy here.

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
SD44

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0willgo:
The '64 is my favorite of them too. I would have loved for it to have been a wagon. I really like them for some reason. Too bad it's not a two door, but hey it was free.

Thanks for the input Mike. I spoke with the woman who I got the car from and she said the carpet was put on because the pad was cracked. I'll be pulling it off to have a look. Its really old and nasty too so it will definitely be coming off.

quote:
when I was thinner, younger and had hair

Ha, the things I have to look forward to. I'm 21 so I guess I'm about the youngest guy here.

i'm 33 so that makes me feel alittle better, too. i figured most guys here were in their 50's and 60's. nothing at all wrong with that, i sure hope i make it that far and longer, just most of the younger generation isn't into classic cars, they want these little "fast and the furious" cars.

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:18 pm 
cereal69

30 here and would not have a car younger than myself...ladies are another story... Cool Don't tell my wife I said that Very Happy
Custom Pin Striping By Von Hot Rod
Lots of Vintage Cal Custom Accessories

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:47 pm 
la8ron

34 here and cars younger than me are for daily drivers to get to and from work, and to go shopping with so if they get dinged it not a major concern. H ave to agree with ceral69 about the ladies.

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:59 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: