Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

This is the way to go.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
fastmerc

This is the way to go.

ace1,

I second the Crown Vic rear brake thing! Had I known how easy it was, I would never have messed with swapping a Versailles rearend into my 67 Wagon. It musta cost me $1200 to find, rebuild, assemble, dissassemble, move the perches, and resinstall the rearend, just to get rear discs! Now I can do it for well under $400. (Closer to $300!)

The Crown Vic thing is almost a bolt on, but requires minor modification to the housing flange, to clear some casting parts and ebrake lever. No big deal as all late model flanges are now made like this!!

You will also need a set of bearing and hub spacers to allow you to do this swap safely however, and I am the person that you will want to contact regarding the set. Not many others tell you the "issues" with this swap. But it is rather simple!

Price is reasonable and includes instructions. I also have a limited supply of already removed parts, if you don't feel like chasing parts in the yards!

You can find my brake part auctions on ebay, under my id "fastmerc". I usually try to list complete sets and spacer sets complete with pictures.

These brakes will work under a 14" rim using 5mm wheel spacers, and should fit fine under 15" and up rims. They will fit most all "small bearing" housings from 63(?) to 73. I do not have spacers for the big bearing housings but will tell you what to do if you ask.

Once I installed disc brakes front and rear on my Squire Wagon, it REALLY changed the way it stopped! Much more positive!!! (I used 1970-72 front spindles etc)

Anyway, have seen youse guys struggling with rear disc information for a while and am finally offered a forum to spread good information!!! I had been denied elsewhere, even though I was an owner with the same issues as youse all!

Thanks! Glad to find this board again!
Steve

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:35 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: