Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

Galaxie Spindles the same as Fairlane Spindles?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Rylic

Galaxie Spindles the same as Fairlane Spindles?

Found a pair for sale, just wondering if the Galaxie disc spindles would fit a Fairlane. Galaxie is a 69 model, I believe, and they'd be for my 67 Fairlane.

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Scott66gta

Nope...

Competely different... Fairlane/comet, Mustang/Cougar, Maverick, Granada/Monarch would be the ones to look for

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Rylic

Well, I figured as much, but thought I'd check anyways. Thanks.

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Scott66gta

however...

Although they won't bolt-on, i guess anything will fit if you have the right adapter.... Laughing If you get a front disc conversion kit from someone like SSBC, they will have the adapter to use your existing spindles. If you do some surfing, you can find pictures of these adapters. Then, if you're handy enough, you could fab up some of you own. Keep in mind that these are for a major safety system on your car, and shouldn't be cobbled up...
(PSA/CYA/Disclaimer/do not try this at home)

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Rylic

Yeah, that's why I'd prefer to just find a set of Granada discs or something else that will fit and work without any modification. Still trying to work it out with Roger for the discs/spindles.

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: