Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:13 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Week of disaster!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
fair67cp

Week of disaster!

A week ago Wednesday I threw a rod clean through the head and block of my 2000 Kawasaki ZRX 1100. I had picked the bike up a month ago and it had just under 5000 miles on her. Coming up a mountain I guess I was going a little fast and then kapow!!!!

Then the next day I decide to drive my 67 into work and was about 5 miles away when I lost transmission function. I pulled the stick to check if the fluid was burnt, and low and behole she was bone dry. The two vehicles that I own that have the least amount of miles on them are now incapacitated for the short term and this happened within 24 hours!!! I am now down to my 99 F-150 that has 170,000 miles on it! Can anyone top this story?

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:16 am 
edwardejv

my wife wrecked 3 cars in a year all her fault and 9 points on her D.L

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
67fairlane500
Site Admin

My dad and I were fixing a head gasket on a mercedes diesel with a help of a friend. We were getting it all back together. Valve cover on and everything else and went to start it.

Started right up and it ran great. My dad gave it a little RPM and then BOOM and an awful sound followed. Hard to describe the sound of valves being smashed by pistons.

We didn't torque down the camshaft bolt and the pin flew out...which is kinda nuts because you would of thought it got sheered off.

My dad called the MB dealer and told his parts guy friend..."well we need more part"..."an engine." That was a pricey one.

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:11 pm 
fair67cp

Well I got my old fairlane up on jack stands last night. I'm planning on pulling the Tranny tonight or tomorrow night. All that I know at this point is that I put a quart of fluid in just to get her moving and afterwards there was transmission fluid EVERYWHERE! I don't SEE a leak anywhere. Maybe I will find it when I start disassembling her. I'll keep you all posted!

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:13 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: