The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneTech

67 GT/A 390 Carb & Fuel Line

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Bill Pritchard

67 GT/A 390 Carb & Fuel Line

Hi,

Checking in with my first post here Embarassed

My brother-in-law recently purchased a 67 Fairlane GT/A convertible with the S-code 390. It has had the carb replaced with another Holley and the fuel line going to the carb has been 'reformed' Sad Does anyone have a picture of the factory-correct setup, or know a site where I could find such a picture? Most engine compartment pics I have been able to locate have the air cleaner installed, which does a great job of completely hiding just what we need to see Rolling Eyes

TIA.

Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:29 pm 
Bill Pritchard

In case anyone is interested, I have now obtained a couple outstanding photos of the correct carb & fuel line for this car Very Happy . The picture is actually from a 67 Mustang GT, but the carb & fuel line are supposedly the same. I would be happy to email them to anyone who's interested, but they are not dial-up ISP friendly. Each picture is ~2.5mb Shocked so I hope you have high speed internet service Smile

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:44 pm 
67fairlane500
Site Admin

Welcome

Hey Bill- welcome to the forum. Glad you were able to find something.

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:22 pm 
scotta66gt

Bill, can you send me the pix?

Bill, thanks for the post, welcome to the forum! I need to bend up a line for the 390 FE in my 66 Fairlane GT - I need to get rid of the rubber hose per tech rules.

I'd appreciate it if you could send me the pix you mentioned. I'm at:

mystylesthebomb_at_yahoo.com

Thanks! - Scott

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:59 pm 
Bill Pritchard

Guys, thanks for the welcome Wink

Scott, you have mail. I'm afraid you might not get much of a view of the majority of the fuel line, just the part where it makes a 90 degree bend and comes into the carb. That is the biggest part I needed to see, plus I wanted to see right where the line came into the carb. The pictures are actually from a stunning Surprised maroon 67 Mustang GT 390 that was featured in a recent issue of Musclecar Enthusiast magazine.....I wrote to the magazine and they kindly sent me the pictures.

The fuel line on my brother-in-law's car appeared to be the original one (and now I'm sure it is) but had been re-bent to accomodate the different inlet configuration on the replacement carb. there was no fuel filter at all - not a good thing Sad I could see no place where there could have been a fuel filter originally, so I suspected it was right at the carb inlet - and sure enough, that's where it is Smile

In the meantime, we have obtained a piece of generic steel tubing with the proper flared fitting to go into the fuel pump outlet, and bent and cut the tubing, with a generic in-line fuel filter and rubber fuel line to connect to the replacement carb. The car is now running fine with no more plugged up needle & seats to flood the engine with gas Very Happy

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:55 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: