Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

headers for 63

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bobf

headers for 63

I was thinking of using Doug's Headers D662Y-R in my 63 I have the towers notched crites kit with a 351 w does any body have any experience with this one any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Bob

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm 
unfairlane

I am doing the same these days..how did you do it?

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:35 pm 
mygirls63

I ordered a set of headers from FPA in 1 3/4" primaries to fit a Canfield/Dart head on a 351 Windsor. I haven't received them yet and it might be a couple months or so before I have anything mocked up, but I am hopeful they fit as advertised.
My towers are notched as well. I believe that is the only way to fit a header on a 351 in the car!

Post Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:14 pm 
mygirls63

So far, the Ford powertrain Solutions headers do not fit. Looks like major surgery or big dimples will be needed.

I wish someone made a header that would actually fit.

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:26 am 
donwight

mustang

probably stating the obvious, but would a set for early mustangs be close? do they exist? does crites offer anything?

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:06 pm 
mygirls63

Re: mustang

quote:
Originally posted by donwight:
probably stating the obvious, but would a set for early mustangs be close? do they exist? does crites offer anything?

No on early Mustang headers, they hit the firewall, which is different, and they have the same style shock towers as the 66 up Fairlane and Falcon, which is different that the 62 - 65 Fairlanes.

Crites offers a header, but it isn't remotely equal length and #1 & #5 cross under the lower control arms. It's not a great piece. The Hooker Super Comp fits well with a 302, but not a 351 with a raised exhaust port.

I will end up with 2 dimples on the left side and will be moving #1 tube so it clears the suspension mount.

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:05 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: