Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Venting!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dave s

Venting!

This is going to be a long one!
I have spent two years working on my daughters 65 Mustang.I have totally rebuilt the front end of this car,suspension and body, I installed my 5.0 fullroller engine (super charged),T5 tranny, 9" (31 spline), She has not shown any interest in over a year. Well! tonight after a Jug of Crown Royal,I have decided all this stuff is going into my Bone stock 64 Fairlane,when I had this set up in my old Mustang it ran low 12's, I'm 67 and looking forward to Killing some more big block Chevs, So stand by!

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:11 pm 
compact

that wasnt very long Dave Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

cant wait for the updates....have i ever told anyone here....i love pics Cool Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:13 am 
thefairlaneman

What will you do with the stang after you rob the parts? why not SELL IT and then take the mawney and put it into the fairlane........maybe a thunderbolt clone . Girls want civics and new vws , they dont want hot rods

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:43 pm 
dave s

Venting

Well! reality set in, a few of my Buds came by and we got working on the Mustang, put a few parts together today, should have it running this weekend,(thats how close it is to finishing) Still going to kick some Chevy butt, Oh! and its Chevy boys that are helping me, The F'lane is too pretty to cut up,if I knew how to send pics ,I would. I've done two Power Tours with it (8000 miles total) You don't mess with something that good. She's my Cruiser!

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:29 pm 
dave s

Venting

Well here we are, it's Oct. 28/11. the Mustang is still mobile, if you want to see how the engine is doing , you simply open the door on the console and the gauges are there, not fastened down, just laying there. I know when she's in town as you can hear the damn thing three blocks away, (must be getting old), the Radial T/A's weren't grabbing,so I gave her a set of Mickey ET Streets, now she'll probably drop the 9". The Fairlane is still going strong,feels faster,(must be getting old) me,not the car. picked up a 54 Ford Customline, someone did a ton of work on this car, T Bird "292" o/drive,ps. pb. a/c. just a nice cruiser. My 06 Five Hundred is the biggest piece of Crap I have ever owned, now the AWD is gone, spent $525.00 for comp. diag. and switch to rectify, NO FIX! now $2000.00 for a module should fix it,Right! This car has been a Bummer since Day 1, Ford spent $5700.00 in warranty on it (they don't want to see me again) I will buy another Ford because they couldn't possibly build another this Bad.
Okay! that was my last four years,
Later dave s

t

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:50 pm 
dave s

Up date Jan/14
64 Fairlane- power steering pump leaking,(no big deal) gonna be a long winter, put 40,000 miles on her, still my Baby.
65 Mustang, still running, daughter surprised me and built herself a garage to work on it.
54 Fairlane- traded for a 56 Fairlane Victoria, we're not touching this one.
2006 500, traded that piece of Crap for a 2012 focus, 23,000 miles and tons of smiles.

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:39 pm 
roger

updates, from Canada, eh

Glad you rid yourself of the 500, I know they were just a big mistake
I picked up a very nice, low mile GTO, so some of my time is split now, still haven't installed the EFI kit on the F'lane, looking at fuel delivery options, & this damn winter may never end anyway!

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:35 pm 
dave s

Roger ! I have two NOS. /64 Fairlane Wagon tail light lens, I am looking for two non b/u light lenses for a 64 Fairlane 500, any ideas?

Post Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:41 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: