Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneTech

How low can i go?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
67fairlane500
Site Admin

How low can i go?

So i have been throwing around ideas for my car and I think i have come to a conclusion. Instead of doing a full resto i want to do a day two kind of resto. (not a two day resto). Basically 60s style with shaved handles, shaved emblems off hood, shaved antenna, shaved trunk lock and 500 emblems off rear quarters. Along with that i want it sitting lower which brings me to my question.

I am planning on running 15X7s front 15X8s rear with a lower profile tire so that my overall tire diameter is 2-3 inches smaller than stock height. I think that this is reasonable. I am a little over big inch wheels...funny how i used to love them. Also i want to drop my suspension 3 inches all around. of course...one end might have to be dropped more just because of the stance currently. I was going to go with new coils and leafs that are made for the right height. I am not too into cutting coils as the ride can change drastically. Although...as of what i want to do i am probably asking for more of a jarring ride, but i am fine with that. It would be fun to use bags, but that is a whole 'nuther can 'o worms that I don't want to get into. More importantly I don't have the money for it.

What i am getting to is that i am wondering if that drop is realistic? I don't want to screw up the camber too much. I hate when a car looks like it is squatting. Thanks in advance.

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:51 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: