Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:52 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Member Projects

64 2 door coupe

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
thefairlaneman

64 2 door coupe

I havent checked this place out in a while.Hope all the regs are doing ok. I just started putting my 64 body trim/bumpers back on the car. Ive had 2 rechromed bumpers for some time and cant wait to see how they look on the car. I will try to show a few pictures if anyonewants to see them check you later THEFAIRLANEMAN

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:06 pm 
roger

should have done a walk around before & after shop work

Speaking of bumpers, my 62 has been totally redone but, I was quite proud of the fact I;m running the original bumpers & the chrome still shines like new, pretty cool knowning they were bolted on over 50 years ago.
Dropped her off at the alignment shop on Monday & later in the day picked her up, stopped off for a car wash & as I walked around the trunk I noticed a big divot in my perfect rear bumper, dead center
Called the shop & guess what, Nope, didn't happen here you must have done this yourself.
I'd been installing a gas tank & I know I'd have noticed a bump like that,
I took it off & at least got the top back fairly straight, almost perfect but, u know how chrome reflects any imperfections,
You know how they do a walk around when you rent a car? Well, if I ever take her in to a shop again, I will be doing a Rental car walk about, with the owner!
DAMN!

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: