Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneTech

Is there a Fairlane site where people actually answer?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
67ragtopfairlane

Is there a Fairlane site where people actually answer?

Someone direct me to a site that actually gets reply's to questions! Should i join a 67 Mustang site and use there reply's ? Any Ford sites i am unaware of?
This site sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:44 pm 
John64

you need to be patient. maybe this site doesn't get alot of traffic. The disc brake swap is very common for the early Fords (Fairlane, Mustang, Falcon etc) did you try searching online for an answer or just expect someone to give you all the answers you need?

as for what master cylinder you need. Find a manual brake disc/drum master from an early granada, maverick. do some research on which cars came with non power disc brakes.

master cylinder can be found at any local auto parts store or any of the online places like rockauto.com

and remember, google is your friend

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:14 pm 
67ragtopfairlane

I did all the research, Granada and such swaps are outdated and I'll fitting, and just not safe cause of the tie rod exchange. I was hoping to get some info on the modern upgrades i see that allow the use of your old spindle.
If i wanted to cut this up, add ray-guns, etc, etc, I'd get a ton of reply's, but when a guy needs real advise so he can save hundreds and hundreds of dollars with a simple brake question.... nothing..

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 am 
John64

quote:
Originally posted by 67ragtopfairlane:
I did all the research, Granada and such swaps are outdated and I'll fitting, and just not safe cause of the tie rod exchange. I was hoping to get some info on the modern upgrades i see that allow the use of your old spindle.

?? your other post didnt ask about a disc brake conversion, you wanted a master cylinder? Nothing wrong with a Granada MC.

if you're looking for a modern system, look if Wilwood or Baer has something you need. The original 67 kelsey hayes 4 piston calipers are good. why not just find an oem set-up?

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:07 pm 
GerryProctor

You couldn't have done "all the research" since brake upgrades are relatively easy to find. Here's one from SSBC for '67 Fairlanes: http://ssbrakes.com/c-401827-shop-by-category-front-brakes-disc-brake-conversions-upgrades.html

I'm sure Master Power and others will have some kits that also meet your criteria.

Also, the master cylinder issue has been addressed more than once on this forum.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:40 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: