Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneTech

Classic Car Insurance

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Purkey

Classic Car Insurance

Random question. I currently have bare bones coverage through State Farm on my 67 Fairlane. I am looking for specific classic car insurance through either Grundy's or Hagerty's. Pros/Cons if you have them.

The other question is what is a typical agreed upon value? My Fairlane has 85K original miles, crate 302, cragar SS; nothing out of the ordinary. I plan on driving around 3000 miles/year, maybe once every two weeks to work, Sunday drives.

Thanks for your help

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:59 pm 
iowafordman

I have a 66 hardtop that's a nice driver. I have a clean record and was paying around $800 a year for full coverage through my insurance agent. He also works with Hagerty and suggested I give them a try. I was able to insure my Fairlane with them for $10,000 with no appraisal, just pics through my agent, for $157 a year. I've been with them for 2 years and would highly recommend them!

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:28 pm 
Purkey

Thanks. I do have some questions I would like to ask both companies on restrictions on driving (occasionally to work, drive-in, sunday hamburger, etc) before deciding between the two since both online quotes I got were about equal

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:22 pm 
roger

My 62 is with Silver Wheel plan here in Canada, owned by Hagerty. Here anyway, you must supply a legal appraisal, insured for 18K cost me about 195.00 year.
there are restrictions of course, no daily driver, if crossing the border or extended cruises, just call them & let them know. When stored you can save some bucks by removing collision.
On my GTO(insured for 31K) storing for the winter months knocks oabout 250.00 off the year premium.
I did have one little mishap, an old doll in here Taurus bumped me at a stop light, i was driving the Fairlane to the office, nasty dent in rear bumper. My agent is a hi-school buddy & as he said- You were driving the car to your office to show it to a potential buyer, therefore we can pay for your new bumper

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am 
Bkin

I think my policy through Hagerty limits my miles to 1500 per year, must be in a locked garage when not in use, and limits places you can drive it to. i.e. Shows, mechanic, parades....

Agreed value...Look online and find similar cars values. Craigslist, ebay, carsoup...Don't just add up what you put into the car. Condition, condition, condition.

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:40 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: