Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

66/67 Manual Shift Steering Column Interchange

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
wavylane67

66/67 Manual Shift Steering Column Interchange

Hi everybody, I'm hoping you can help me figure out what I've gotten myself into as scrouring the internet for information seems to be hopeless on this topic.

A few months back I picked up 66 manual shift steering column at a swap meet to install on my 67 original column shift car. I was too caught up in the moment of getting a decent deal on such a rare column to remember that in 67 they added the rag joint to the steering shaft.

I know about the wiring differences for the turn signal switch and the lack of 4 way flashers on the 66 column, and I can live with that no problem.

So my main question is, before I tear my car all apart to switch columns, will a 66 manual shift column work in a 67 car if i still intend to use my orginal steering shaft?

Does power steering vs manual steering make a difference? I've read somewhere it does? If so, how can I tell which 66 column I have?

And lastly, if this column won't work, does anybody have a 67 column that needs a 66? Very Happy

Thank you

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:54 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: