Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> FairlaneParts

looking at a 62 4 door parts car

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
purf_man

looking at a 62 4 door parts car

found a 62 4 door parts car. some of the car is solid (cowl is rotted out) and had a tree fall on the driveres fender and hood. rear bumper is bent in.

it has a complete 221 and 3 speed (even has the factory air cleaner and horns and generator on it still) I am guessing it doesn't run. has 3 (4th might be in the trunk?) factory hubcaps on the 13" wheels.

I am thinking of picking this car up to use the good lower drivers fender and good quarters to patch up my car with. pretty much everything else wold be up for grabs. I am gonna mull the idea of it over hte holiday and possibly put in an offer next week on it.

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:34 pm 
purf_man

Well I pick up the car tomorrow night. if anyone wants anything off it let me know as it will be selling cheap.

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:48 pm 
roger

62 grille, sights

I'm looking for a 62 grille, looking for near perfect, no dents.
I have a pretty good one, but fixing the dings, minor dents they want like $250.00!!!
And, you know the 2 chrome "sights" on top of each front fender, i'm always looking for extras.

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:29 am 
purf_man

I think it is about as good as mine. I have now. no major damage but a couple fins that look out of place and need a minor tweak (prob just a block of wood and a little finger pressure) On my way to go pick it up now and will get some pics once it is off the car and let see what you think.

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:04 pm 
purf_man

cars rust in wierd places... still has factory paint on the header panel. headlight buckets still have cad plating on the tabs to the door.....but the buckets themselves are rusting out.....go figure. Battery apron is solid (as was the tray support but not so much the tray) stone deflector has some serious surface rust (might strip it and fill it.....found a local guy that does fiberglass and might have a few made up since the 62 parts are harder to find)

Best patts car scores so far....

1. Blue metal flake motorcycle helmet (could use a cleaning and a new liner made up for it....might become beer helmet)
2. Aluminum and SS wiper arm frames (still has the stock SS arms) with spoilers on them to keep them down at speed.....pretty sweet I think....should look pretty sweet after a good polish.
3. Lack of wasps, bees, mice (live), snakes, spiders, etc....all I have found are a few ants (not fire ants)

I have no keys for the car so looks like I am either diving in the trunk to unbolt the latch (I have pulled the rear seat already) or take the plasma to the trunk lid (bent up pretty good already)

the enginebay sheetmetal is REALY clean so far (battery apron, area over shock towers) but the floors are barely there (I think the rubber mats being rusted to what is left is holding it together) and the heater cowl is gone (drivers duct laying on the floor)

If anyone needs some early windsor parts let me know....this motor is COMPLETE with air cleaner, carb spacer, carb, generator, oil fill tube and road draft tube....it even has the reverse light switch on the column linkage still.

the wiring is in really good shape under the hood (aside from the battery cables) and still has the factory horns with bracket, a decent regulator cover.

Rear tail panel is bent up as is the bumper and trunk lid. Tailghts are driver quality....buckets bent up some. has two (maybe more in the trunk) hubcaps.

seat are shot but frames are good. alot of the interior plastic is good (4 door car mind you) only bad glass is the windshield.

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 pm 
roger

parts

Pic of the grille if its near great quality
lower rear window trim, runs across bottom of rear window, damned if i know how it comnes off tho, thin piece & its ends slip under the ends of the vertical window trim pieces, kinda embedded in window rubber, i think
what else?
oh, the front fender sights! top of each fender, any good?
lemme know & thanks

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:31 pm 
roger

62 parts?

How did you make out with parts - 62??

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 am 
purf_man

well the car was cheap ($300) got some fairly useable fenders and quarters off it (will need some minor work....WAY better then what I had) floors were gone and motor was locked up.

about all I have left is the front end trim (grill, headlights, etc) and the rear glass (with trim)

the trim will need buffed but it is straight and dent free.

haven't even cleaned the moss off the glass yet.

grill was "straight" being no major bends in it but will need a little tweaking to get perfect.....plus a buff and repaint.

fender spears were broke off.

hood was dented along with the trunk lid (both were starting to rot out) I have been thinking of taking my hood to a local shop that makes fiberglass parts and having a bolt on fiberglass 62 hood made up (would be a small run of them) might even look into having some carbon fiber ones made too.

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:52 pm 
roger

hoods

If you do have hoods made up, would you make them as factory or include a scoop or the bubble?
I;m thinking it could be quite expensive to make a limited run tho

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:50 pm 
purf_man

they would prob be stock flat hoods. a scoop can always be added later. plus to make the moulds I would need a scooped hood to make a mould from.

btw you gotta love living in rural east TN.....everything is cash under the table.

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 pm 
Kennethw

horns

Do you still have the two horns? original? Im interested in them if so.
Ken

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:36 am 
Kennethw

horns

Do you still have the two horns? original? Im interested in them if so.
Ken

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:36 am 
purf_man

horns were there but were DOA so they got recycled.

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:30 pm 
roger

pedal assembly

Purf - did that Fairlane have the Clutch/brake pedals??
i think you said it was a 3 speed,no?
need em for a friend

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:45 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: