Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

Brake swap

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
6T4LaneSportCoupe

Brake swap

So my single reservoir system finally quit on me. I bought a complete front brake setup in the junkyard from a 75 Granada for what I thought was a smokin hot deal of $140 for all. Now, can I use the Granada booster and master cylinder to give me power discs or what system should I be looking for to get me going. Already have the single master cyl off. Looks like the bolt pattern for the steering column bracket is different for the booster. Do I just forget the power and bolt on a factory dual master cyl? What about the proportioning valve? Use the factory Granada or is there a better option? What brake line holder from the steel to the rubber lines did anyone use? Getting things going now so I can get her back on the road. THANKS!!!

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:04 pm 
6T4LaneSportCoupe

Still hoping to hear what others have done for the power brake setup on their Fairlanes. Thanks!

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:22 am 
roger

You already have the Granada basics so, go with the dual MC for a Granada, i don;t think the combo of power booster/MC will clear your shock tower, so most just go with a manual MC, when i had the Granada set up i used a dual MC from a 90's Mustang that had front discs rear drums with an adj. prop.valve from Stainless steel brakes to put more pressure to the fronts. If you want to go power brakes, i know the booster from a Mustang 11 will clear with a Mustang MC.
The transition from hard line to rubber line, i just used the F'lane bracket that bolts to the frame rail, worked great.
Check out Master power brakes site, u can get a single diaphram p.booster that will clear, actually, get MPB cataloge, its got allot of good info re brakes, boosters & hints on all things you should & shouldn;t do

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:11 am 
6T4LaneSportCoupe

Thanks again Roger!

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:51 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: