Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

63 Fairlane Header Help

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
63Fair

63 Fairlane Header Help

Hello all,

My name is Jim and I used to be active on the old Woody's site. I need help finding some headers. I have a 63 Fairlane with 351W & C-4. Might add that I have done the Crites tower mod. I first tried a set of headers from Crites, which fitted after some massaging but found changing plugs a PITA. Next I bought a set of custom build headers (used) from a fellow poster on the old web site , Rich. They were just right and were the type where one pipe went through your fenderwell -- well they have seen their days.
So if anyone knows of a good source for custom or otherwise headers please let me know.
I might add that photos and info on my 63 is posted under the Drag Racing section of the old board. My best time to date is 7.34 in 1/8.
Also I still have the Crites headers and only ran them two racing season. They are for sale--freight and make offer.

Thanks for any help.

Jim
63 Fairlane
77 Granada
84 Fiero 3 ea
85 Fiero
86 Fiero
87 Fiero GT 2 ea
87 Lambrogini Replica

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 am 
mygirls63

Try Mad Dog Headers. You will have to Google the info as I do not have that handy anymore.

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:20 pm 
wishbone

Have you looked into the hooker super comp headers for the 63 fairlane?
Part number 6134 Black or ceramic. They fit on my 63 really well but the spark plug change is a pita. If memory serves me they are for both the manual and auto tranny. Mine are a really tight fit but since you have done the shock tower surgery they should be relatively easy for you. They sound great to boot.

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:33 pm 
roger

hedders

Look at Hedman's long tube with new ball flange mounts
i think its part #88-308's
They fit a 351 into a early F'lane as long as you have done the shock tower notching.
1 5/8" to 3" collector

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am 
85coupe50

Ever find any good headers for your 63 with 351W? I am searching right now as I have a 64. I have a 351W/C4 I want to drop in for a bit. I don't want to have to worry about what headers do and don't work. Also want to keep the engine, trans and headers uder $1000.00 and I already spent $400.00 on a good working low mile 77 351W/C4 for this car. I'd love to find something that will get me started for the least amount of $$$... There is another engine based on 351W coming later. Then I will spend the cubic $$$ for the "Right" headers.

Thanks,
Matt
64 2dr post 500

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:23 pm 
roger

headers for 62- 65;s

The Hedmans fit really well & plug changes are easy, nothin like trying to change plugs with the Hooker #6134;s!
As long as you;ve done the tower notching, i used the RRS notch kit.
The patterns they supply you are kinda wonky to figure out, but, once you tape em to the towers to mark em, its pretty easy
Opens up a whole world of headers that will fit
If you look on Fatman Fabricators site or better still the RRS Australia site, , they list a number of headers that will fit once you;ve done the tower notching

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:59 pm 
85coupe50

Re: headers for 62- 65;s

quote:
Originally posted by roger:
The Hedmans fit really well & plug changes are easy, nothin like trying to change plugs with the Hooker #6134;s!
As long as you;ve done the tower notching, i used the RRS notch kit.
The patterns they supply you are kinda wonky to figure out, but, once you tape em to the towers to mark em, its pretty easy
Opens up a whole world of headers that will fit
If you look on Fatman Fabricators site or better still the RRS Australia site, , they list a number of headers that will fit once you;ve done the tower notching

Roger,
Good to know... I am looking at doing the RCMotorsports front suspension, so that will get rid of the shocktowers all together. No more issues then. I wanted to have some adjustability to the ride height and may go with some air bags front and rear.

Thanks for all the great information.

Matt

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:05 pm 
NoTBolt

Sanderson Headers makes a shorty that fits also ... FF6, but probably best suited for stock to mild engines. Roger ... I looked at both the RRS and Fatman sites and couldn't find reference to any header combos. I know they use the Sanderson's, but I am looking for something that flows more for a 347 Stroker and that will work with a rack and pinion conversion. Any photos of the Hedmans?
347 Stroker in progress

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:15 pm 
roger

Hedman long tubes

I could send you pics if you have an e-mail address, i;ve never figured out how to post pics here, i guess i should work on this!
unlike the Hooker super comps, changin plugs with the Hedmans took all of 10 minutes & the Hedmans are a breeze to install, didn;t even have to jack the car up!
Only problem i;ve got & no fault of the Hedmans, i had em coated inside & out with Ceramic flat sliver, look gorgeous! but, the stuff is flaking off like crazy, i mean you can litteraly rub it off with your finger!
Company, just North of me here in Ontario, says just send em back & they will do again, but, means i do have to pull my R&P steering shaft, which runs between tube 3 & 4, pain in the ass!
Another plus for the Hedmans, got em on sale for $168.00
I think they;re listed as a fit for the 351W into a Maverick

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: