Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Off-Topic

Ford F-150 Airconditioning compressor

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
fair67cp

Ford F-150 Airconditioning compressor

I was wondering if anybody has replaced their own air conditioning compressor pump. Is this difficult or dangerous? My truck is making a great deal of noise from the pump. I imagine the tricky part is relieving the pressure in this system. After that I suppose the rest is not too bad.

Thanks!

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:10 am 
GerryProctor

There's nothing particularly difficult. There are some EPA issues (releasing the gas and not capturing and recycling it) that we'll ignore for the sake of arguement. You have to pump the system down once you have the new compressor installed. You do this to remove all non-compressables (moisture) because as much as a drop of water can screw the system up. The only way to do this is with a vacuum pump. It's also wise to flush the system since a compressor that's coming appart will put debris into the system.

If you are not very familiar with servicing mobil A/C, you may want to consider leaving this to a pro. It may cost more initially, but it often saves money in the end.

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:35 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: