Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Members Cars

67 Fairlane 500 project

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
cruise

67 Fairlane 500 project

Great forum.
I thought that I would post my current project even though it's not much to look at right now. Man, it takes alot of time and money to build these cars but I enjoy every minute! Feels like I am working on a shoe string budget but I will get it finished someday.

[i ][/img]

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 pm 
COBRAJET2

We all have to start somewhere. Yeah, it looks like you are into a full restoration. What are your plans for the car?

Mike

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 pm 
cruise

For now my plans are just to build a street car for local cruise ins/ car shows. I have a 302 HO engine out of a 84 mustang that I will build and drop in when the time comes. My short term goal this year is to finish the sheet metal work and weld in sub frame connectors. I do all the work myself to cut down on costs but it takes me a while.

I originally wanted to build a Pro Touring style car with modern suspension, drivetrain, etc..., but I just don't have the money to pull it off right now so I have cut down on my wish list and now I will settle just to have a solid street car that I can enjoy on the weekends.

The car originally was a 289/auto, but along the way someone had pulled it and put in a 6 cylinder. The body was in very good condition except for the passenger door. I just finished it this past week and hung it on the car. The next step is to repair some of the rusted areas in the floor pans.

Post Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:30 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: