Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Member Projects

First Project Car

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
crappieflop

First Project Car

This is my 68 Fairlane, and my first project car. She needs alot of work but I'm very ambitious. I just bought a 390 for it and now I'm looking for fenders and other various pieces that aren't in the magazines. I'm looking forward to talking with all of you about your own projects.

Jon

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
IceLane

Looks like a good base to start with.

Are the quarters as clean as they look in the picture?

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:52 am 
crappieflop

The lower quarters need to be replaced and the front fenders are garbage but the other things like the frame, torque boxes, and the trunk just need to be sand blasted and painted. Actually, the trunk has a lot of original paint and is completely solid. The floor pans need to be replaced but I'm not too worried about that. I found some front fenders from a junk yard in Arizona and they look good. Trunk lid and hood are excellent. I don't know how to do body work so I'm dreading the bill for that. Right now I'm trying to decide what engine to use. There is a 302 block in it but my father-in-law gave me a 352. The problem is I haven't heard anything good about the 352 so i'm not sure what to do. I also have a line a 390. So many decisions to make! I love it.

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
IceLane

I've never heard of a 352 in a Fairlane before. I don't think the 352 was ever installed in a mid-size. That said, I imagine that it'd use all the same mounting points that a 390 would. Unique, but not necessarily desirable.

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 am 
crappieflop

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking I will go with the 302 and turn it into the 347 stroker.

Post Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:51 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: