Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:39 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

Z-bar pivot

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
pog_flexor

Z-bar pivot

I figured out my header problem from a while back, got the engine running and in the meantime, redid a lot of the steering and suspension. Now the only thing keeping it from being driveable is a clutch linkage.

I'm trying to avoid the hassle and price of switching to a cable or hydraulic clutch setup.

Here's the problem: my engine is from an '85 Mustang, and in a moment of oversight, I failed to realize that they did away with the boss for the engine-side z-bar pivot back in '75. I've heard talk of there being an adapter which mounts to the inspection plate bolt holes on the bellhousing. Anyone know if there's any validity to this claim? If so, where can I find one?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:14 pm 
bigal2891

I have used the mount you are talking about in a build. I can't remember off hand where I got it. I orderd from N.P.D. or mustangs unlimited most likley. It is not very hard to come by. I can find out for sure and let you know in a day or so.

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:59 pm 
cartoad

It looks like it would be fairly simple to fab one of these pivot brackets. try this link.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1506404/

Looks like a piece of angle iron, a little cuttin,grindin,drillin. If you have the time.

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:49 am 
Dave's Pro-Street 65

I had the same problem when I installed my 347 with a new Ford Racing block. I got the correct adapter piece from Dark Horse Performance. I did have to notch it a bit to clear my Hooker Super Comp's but I have had no problems with it. Hope this helps.

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:14 am 
Dave's Pro-Street 65

I had the same problem when I installed my 347 with a new Ford Racing block. I got the correct adapter piece from Dark Horse Performance. I did have to notch it a bit to clear my Hooker Super Comp's but I have had no problems with it. Hope this helps.

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:15 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: