Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Modifications

mods

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
codycr6

mods

308 inch small block with Bennett heads, approx 375 horsepower

Hooker Super Comp headers, Jet Hot coated, dual 3 inch exhaust, 3 inch 3 chamber Flowmasters.

Moroso road race T-pan oil pan... this gets very close to the frame of the car, and is a tight fit with the headers!

Centerforce 11 inch Dual Friction clutch

Tremec Racing 5-speed with Pro 5.0 shifter and Hurst handle

narrowed Explorer 8.8 with over-ride traction bars, disk brakes, Moser 31 spline race axles, 3.73's Traction loc, 3/4 inch sway bar, Competition Engineering 3-way adjustable shocks

Aerospace Engineering slotted and drilled 4-piston front disks.

Alpine head unit, Precision power amplifiers, dual 12 inch subs in an infinite baffle, infinity speakers

New 15x6 Magnum 500's for the front and 15x8 for the rear, 225/60 and 245/60 BFG tires

When I built the car the first time, it was with stock brakes, mild 302, four speed. The engine never ran well, the T-10 didn't get along with the Hurst Competition Plus shifter, and the car peg legged and would wheel hop. Now, the engine sounds wonderful, will pull like there is no tommorrow, the shifter/5-speed work great, and the car stops like you dropped a boat anchor! 75 mph is around 2200 rpm, I feel like I could drive it across country without getting tired!

Only gripe is with the clutch... being a dual friction diaphragm style clutch, with the helper spring under the dash, the clutch pedal tries to stick to the floor at high rpm shifts in the lower gears. I guess I will have to go under the dash and try to get the spring loose... other than that, it is great!

Post Mon May 08, 2006 3:20 pm 
twuxtop

hey

where do you get the areospace brakes, i used to have a link, but cnt find it, good info on the tranny too must be fun to drive

Post Thu May 11, 2006 1:36 am 
codycr6

brakes

Wade Hopkins, does my chassis work on my race cars and such.... great fabricator, his father has a 64 Fairlane nostalgia race car and a T-Bolt clone, so he knows the cars very well. Here is a link to his shop:

http://www.southernspeedracing.com/

There is a picture of the brakes under my name in "Members Cars"

Post Fri May 12, 2006 11:11 am 
leadfoot25

mods

I changed my air freshner......added fuzzy dice....where do you guys get all the $$$ for the fancy mods? LOL

Post Fri May 12, 2006 1:52 pm 
codycr6

mods

My Dad and I built my Fairlane as a father/son project from the time I was 12-18... cars were really the only thing we saw eye to eye on back then. Now we get along great, I'm 31 and have kept the car for 19 years, he is a street rod buff with a leadsled 51 Ford, and a low mileage 61 Unibody Ford pickup (28,000 miles)

Post Thu May 18, 2006 11:44 pm 
roger

MC type

Cody -What Master cylinder are you using?
Manual or power MC
if power what booster?
Thanks

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:17 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: