Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 am   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Swap/Interchange Tech Information

Autolite 4100 Manual Choke Conversion

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
fiveoh108

Autolite 4100 Manual Choke Conversion

I just figured out how to convert my Autolite 4100 from an automatic car with a auto choke, to a manual carb with the choke. I wanted to share this in the event someone else was going to do the same conversion, but did not want to pay $700.00 from leading carb suppliers. The trick is you need to get an autolite 2100 from a pickup truck or any vehicle, which has a manual choke on it. I got one on ebay, shipped for $42.00. It does not matter the condition, as long as the parts are there.

1. Unscrew the butterfly screws on both your carb and the donor 2100 from the main throttle shaft.

2. Remove and swap the throttle shaft, replacing your butterflys into your carb and the old ones back on the old 2100.

3. Remove your choke housing from the 4100

4. Remove the choke linkage from the 2100 and install on your 4100

Once everything is all put back together make sure screws are tight and clips are on, you should be good to go. A very inexpensive way to get the HIPO look, to eleminate the auto choke housing and to get the correct linkage for a 4 speed car, if you want this type of conversion. If you have any questions or need pics of what i am talking about, email me at
Fiveoh108@sbcglobal.net and I would be happy to walk you through. I have only cracked open a few carbs in my life time, but this is something even a novice can do. Very Happy

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:33 pm 
scotta66gt

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. I play with 4100s but am now running a 4010 (basically same but 750 cfm). The 4010 takes 4150 chokes, but I did not know how to do a manual choke on a 4100 - now I do! - Scott

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: