Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm   

Fairlane Owners/Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Modifications

my mods

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
purf_man

my mods

1. the T5- well worth it and love it a million times more than the old non syncro 3 speed

2. gen to alt swap well worth it for the modern lights

4. H4 conversion halogen bulbs now I can see at night

5. big AL cross flow radaitor. haven't ran a fan in 6 years now

6. blow through turbo....I am up in the air on this one. gave more power but until I get it dialed in and tuned I won't be sold on it

7. air ride...I did it because I broke a leaf......should have jsut keep leaf springs on the car as it has been a huge pain......then again if it had been done proper on a frame jig and on a rust free car that was media blasted and on a lift it would have been much more better of a setup instead of a weekend project

8. shaved trim. love the look but I need to redo my trunk latch a little better I think. I might get a power latch from a late model car

Post Wed May 10, 2006 6:19 pm 
purf_man

time for a follow up years later......

well the car has been parked most of it....and it now coming apart....kinda

I think the turbo might have been worth it still if I had more time to mess with it. I swapped it on then parked the car 4 months later. turns out the stock mech pump (boost referenced) could not keep up (other sixers having same issue) went with a small GM 5gal EFI tank and return regulator sand seemed to clear some problems (never really did more than once around the block though)

the next question....will the aussie motor be worth it?

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:19 pm 
la8ron

quote:
Originally posted by purf_man:

the next question....will the aussie motor be worth it?

If you can get your hands on one of the new F6 falcon motors it would be well worth it. Factory turboed inline 6 making @300kw (400hp).

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:45 am 
purf_man

I have a pair (well more really) of 4.1L 250 XFlow motors (a parts 200 motor, one EFI 250 and one carb 250 along with two bellhousings and a C4 setup)

I also picked up a spare injector boss and fuel rail to play with.

Post Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:05 pm 
purf_man

figured I could update...

sold the carbed aussie motor. was thinking I would install it first and have a driver sooner but....

not that I have a garage I dove in for front frame stub replacement from crites (not bad pieces...only took a little cleaning up with a file/grinder to smooth the welds to my satisfaction) and a new battery apron from Dearborne classics.

looks like I either need to slide it back ALOT (2") or just ditch the clutch fan (will prob go electric anyways) sits on stock mounts. the drivers shock tower brace hits one of the runners a little bit. I have been wanting to do a one piece fabbed tower bace with a "monty carlo bar" so will tackle that too. I have the factory ford harness for the EFI motor with ECU and airbox even. I will prob desmog it all and clean it up a bit and try and figure out how I am mounting it in the car.

I also picked up a mustang steve cable clutch conversion and power brake parts. ended up reworking them a bit to work on the fairlane (I am going with a late model hydraboost setup)

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:05 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: